Introducing our tempting “Sesame Paneer Wraps” – a sensational mix of crispy paneer cubes wrapped in a delicious layer of crunchy sesame seeds. Not only are these wraps a delicious choice for a filling vegetarian lunch or a quick weeknight dinner, but they also provide a delicious and nutritious change to your normal meal routine.
To prepare this delicious dish, first gently fry the paneer cubes until they are golden brown in color and have a pleasantly crispy texture. Then enjoy the fusion of flavors as you wrap the sesame-coated paneer with a refreshing and crisp salad that adds a sensational touch of freshness and vibrancy to every bite.
Whether you are an avid vegetarian or simply want to diversify your culinary repertoire, our sesame paneer wraps provide a delicious and filling option that will leave you wanting more. Perfectly balanced and full of texture, these wraps are a real treat for your taste buds!
- 4 tbsp chili sauce or to taste (not to be confused with sweet chili sauce or hot sauce like Tabasco; we used Lingham’s, which is mild, sweet and spicy)
- 100g natural yogurt
- 2 x 225g packs of paneer, each cut into 10 cubes
- 100g pack of sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- ½ cucumber, halved, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 baby gem salads, shredded
- 4 tortilla wraps, warmed according to package instructions
- Mix 1 teaspoon of chili sauce with the yogurt and some spices and set aside.
- Spread the paneer cubes with the remaining chili sauce.
- Roll each paneer cube in the sesame seeds.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the paneer in batches for 5-8 minutes until golden brown all over.
- Turn the cubes frequently to ensure even cooking, as the seeds can easily get caught.
- Drain the fried paneer on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve the paneer with chili yogurt, carrot, cucumber, lettuce and warm wraps.
Equipment and tools
To prepare the sesame paneer wraps recipe, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- cutting board
- frying pan
The Sesame Paneer Wraps recipe may contain allergens. Please note the following allergen information:
- Dairy products: The recipe contains natural yogurt.
- Sesame: The recipe contains sesame seeds.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers or want to store the sesame paneer wraps, follow these storage guidelines:
- Place the leftover wraps in an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
- Heat the wraps in the microwave or oven before eating.
Note: For optimal taste and consistency, it is best to consume the wraps fresh.
Health Benefits of Sesame Paneer Wraps
Sesame paneer wraps not only make for a delicious and filling meal but also offer a number of health benefits. From providing essential nutrients to promoting good digestion, here are a few reasons why adding sesame paneer wraps to your diet can be beneficial.
1. Protein Rich Paneer
Paneer, an Indian cheese made from curdled milk, is the main ingredient in this recipe. It is a rich source of protein that is essential for the growth and maintenance of tissues in our body. Consuming an adequate amount of protein can also help control weight, reduce appetite, and increase muscle strength and mass.
2. Nutritious sesame seeds
The sesame seeds used in this recipe not only provide a delicious crunch, but are also full of nutrients. They are an excellent source of healthy fats, including omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which promote heart health and reduce inflammation in the body. Sesame seeds are also rich in fiber, vitamin B and minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium and zinc, making them a great addition to your diet.
3. Vitamin-rich vegetables
The addition of grated carrots, cucumber slices and shredded baby gem lettuce gives the sesame paneer wraps a nutritional boost. Carrots are known for their high vitamin A content, which is crucial for healthy vision, a strong immune system and cell growth. Cucumbers are hydrating and rich in vitamin K, while Baby Gem salads contain vitamins A and C and fiber.
4. Yogurt for gut health
Natural yogurt, used as a sauce in this recipe, provides probiotics, live bacteria that provide numerous gut health benefits. Regular consumption of probiotics can improve digestion, boost immune function, and promote a healthy gut microbiome. Additionally, yogurt is a good source of calcium and protein, which are essential for maintaining strong bones and muscles.
5. Whole wheat tortillas
Choosing whole-wheat tortillas over refined tortillas may provide additional health benefits. Whole grains are rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. They have been linked to a reduced risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancer. Whole-wheat tortillas also help you stay full longer and support weight management.
Sesame paneer wraps offer a delicious way to incorporate a variety of nutritious ingredients into your diet. By enjoying these packs, you can provide your body with protein, healthy fats, vitamins and fiber while enjoying a tasty and filling meal.