Treat yourself to the irresistible taste of our Seasoned Pork Baguette recipe, perfect for anyone who likes a flavorful mix of spices and juicy pork. This dish is not suitable for people who follow Muslim dietary regulations.
Level up your sandwich game with a touch of elegance by making this delicious meal. In a classic baguette you will find delicious meatballs with aromatic fennel as well as a delicious combination of sweet red pepper and crunchy lamb’s lettuce.
Experience the ultimate satisfaction that comes from savoring every bite of this rustic treat. Our “Spiced Pork Baguette” is ideal for non-Muslims who want to explore new flavors. It promises to impress and satisfy your taste buds.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 onions, 2½ sliced, ½ grated
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, lightly crushed with a pestle and mortar
- 400g minced pork
- 1 long baguette, ends cut off and set aside, remaining part cut into 4 parts and halved crosswise
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- a few handfuls of lamb’s lettuce
- Heat half of the oil in a frying pan.
- Add the sliced onions, peppers and some spice to the pan.
- Cook over low heat for 15 minutes, until peppers are soft and onions are caramelized.
- In a bowl, mix the chili flakes, garlic, fennel, minced meat and grated onions.
- Add the shredded bread ends to the bowl with breadcrumbs.
- Season everything in the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a grill pan.
- Form 12 patties from the meat mixture.
- Rub the patties with the remaining oil.
- Grill the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Stir the ketchup into the onion mixture.
- Heat the mixture and then pour it onto the baguette bases.
- Place 3 patties on each baguette base.
- Sprinkle some lamb’s lettuce on the patties.
- Place the other half of the baguette on top.
Equipment and tools
- Medium frying pan
- Pestle and mortar
- cutting board
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Fennel seeds
- Minced pork
- Tomato ketchup
Storage and leftovers
Store leftover seasoned pork meatballs and baguettes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
To reheat, place in preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Health Benefits of Seasoned Pork Baguette
The Spiced Pork Patty Baguette is a delicious and filling dish that not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers several health benefits. From the nutritious ingredients to the balanced flavors, this recipe is a great choice for anyone looking for a healthy meal. Let’s explore the various health benefits it offers:
1. Nutrient-rich ground pork
The seasoned pork patty is made from 400g of ground pork, which is full of important nutrients. Pork is an excellent source of high-quality protein, vitamins B6 and B12, zinc, iron and selenium. These nutrients support muscle growth, energy production, immune function and overall well-being.
2. The heart-healthy properties of olive oil
Using 2 tablespoons of olive oil in this recipe provides a healthy source of fat. Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fats and antioxidants, which are thought to have various health benefits. It promotes heart health by reducing inflammation, lowering bad cholesterol, and improving blood pressure control.
3. Onions and red pepper as antioxidants
This recipe contains 3 onions and 1 red bell pepper, which not only add flavor but also provide a wealth of antioxidants. Onions are particularly rich in quercetin, a powerful antioxidant known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Red peppers are rich in vitamin C and beta-carotene and offer immune-boosting and anti-aging benefits.
4. Digestive effect of fennel seeds
The patty mixture contains fennel seeds, which are lightly crushed with a mortar. Fennel seeds are known to aid digestion, reduce bloating, and relieve indigestion. Additionally, they contain antioxidants and fiber, which contribute to overall gut health.
5. Nutritional value of lamb’s lettuce
The dish is served with a few handfuls of lamb’s lettuce, also called corn salad or mâche. This leafy vegetable is low in calories but rich in vitamins A, C and K as well as folic acid and iron. It adds a refreshing crunch to the baguette and boosts the overall nutritional content of the meal.
6. Moderate use of tomato ketchup
While the recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup, it’s worth noting that moderation is key. Tomato ketchup may contain a small amount of lycopene, an antioxidant linked to a reduced risk of certain cancers and heart disease. However, overconsumption can lead to the intake of additional sugar, so enjoy it in moderation.
The Spiced Pork Patty Baguette combines a number of nutritious ingredients into a tasty and healthy meal. From the protein-rich ground pork to the abundance of antioxidants from the vegetables to the heart-healthy olive oil, every ingredient contributes to a filling and nutritious experience.