Scandinavian smoked salmon potatoes are a delicious twist on the classic Gravadlax dish. These delicious bites combine the rich flavor of smoked salmon with a refreshing, fragrant sauce that will tantalize your taste buds. Perfect for any gathering or as an appetizer, these savory treats will leave your guests wanting more. The soft, creamy texture of the potatoes harmonizes perfectly with the tender salmon, creating a combination that is sure to impress. Treat yourself to these delicious appetizers and experience the true essence of Scandinavian cuisine.
- about 16 lettuce or new potatoes – longer ones work best (I used Pink Fir Apple)
- 2 x 150g packs of smoked salmon slices (or about 16 slices)
- 150 ml pot of sour cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (I used half virgin, half mild olive oil)
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ 20g bunch of dill, leaves well chopped
Quick Pesto Potatoes
Mix in 750 g cooked new potatoes
Add 2 tablespoons cooled pesto, then 2 large
Tomatoes, chopped and a handful of olives.
Drizzle with a little olive oil – great
on the side with sausages and grilled food.
- Cook the potatoes in their skins for 15 minutes until tender, then drain and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, stir together all the sauce ingredients except the dill.
- Cut each piece of salmon in half to create two long strips.
- Cut the potatoes slightly in half diagonally.
- Wrap a piece of smoked salmon around each piece of potato and place on a platter.
- Sprinkle with a little salt if desired, keeping in mind that the salmon is already heavily seasoned.
- Sprinkle with pepper, a squeeze of lemon and a few dill leaves.
- Mix the sauce briefly and add the chopped dill.
- Season the sauce to taste.
- Pour the sauce into a dipping bowl.
- Pour the sour cream into another separate bowl.
- To eat, dip the potatoes in the cream and then pour some sauce over them.
Equipment and tools
To prepare Scandinavian smoked salmon potatoes, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- A pot for cooking the potatoes
- A sharp knife for cutting the smoked salmon
- A mixing bowl for combining the ingredients
- A whisk to emulsify the dressing
- A serving platter or serving platter
Scandi smoked salmon potatoes contain the following allergens:
- Dijon mustard
- sour cream
Please be aware of these allergens if you or anyone consuming the dish suffers from allergies or dietary restrictions.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover Scandinavian smoked salmon potatoes, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Before serving, be sure to stir the dish well to distribute the dressing. The potatoes lose some of their consistency in the refrigerator, but they are still delicious. Enjoy leftovers cold or reheat gently in the microwave or oven.
The health benefits of Scandinavian smoked salmon potatoes
When it comes to delicious and nutritious meals, Scandinavian smoked salmon potatoes are a great option. Combining the flavors of smoked salmon, potatoes and a spicy dressing, this dish creates a delicious symphony on your taste buds. But did you know that this dish also offers numerous health benefits? Let’s take a closer look at how each ingredient contributes to your well-being.
Salad or new potatoes
The basis of this dish is about 16 salads or new potatoes. These potatoes, especially the Pink Fir Apple variety, are full of nutrients and fiber. They are an excellent source of vitamin C, which is essential for a healthy immune system. In addition, potatoes provide important minerals such as potassium, which help maintain adequate blood pressure.
The star of this recipe is the smoked salmon slices. Not only does smoked salmon add a smoky and savory flavor, but it’s also a nutritional powerhouse. It is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which have positive effects on heart health. Omega-3 fatty acids also have anti-inflammatory properties and may contribute to improved brain function and reduced risk of chronic disease.
The creamy element of this dish comes from sour cream. Although it may sound indulgent, sour cream can be part of a healthy diet in moderation. It contains calcium, which is essential for strong bones and teeth. Sour cream also provides some protein and healthy fats, which can help you feel full and satisfied.
In the dressing, Dijon mustard adds a touch of spice. Mustard, especially the Dijon variety, is low in calories and high in nutrients. It contains antioxidants like selenium and magnesium, which play a role in reducing inflammation and maintaining heart health. Mustard also adds flavor to the dish without adding excessive sodium.
Olive oil and white wine vinegar
The dressing for Scandinavian smoked salmon potatoes consists of olive oil and white wine vinegar. Olive oil is widely considered a healthy fat, rich in monounsaturated fatty acids and antioxidants. It has been linked to a reduced risk of heart disease and improved cholesterol levels. White wine vinegar provides a tangy taste and adds some acidity, which aids digestion.
To enhance the flavor profile, a bunch of dill leaves is added to this dish. Dill is rich in vitamins A and C as well as calcium and iron. It has been used for centuries for its potential digestive properties and can relieve indigestion and flatulence.
By combining these healthy ingredients, Scandi Smoked Salmon Potatoes will not only satisfy your taste buds but also provide a range of health benefits. From improving heart health to aiding digestion, this dish is a great choice for both taste and wellness.