This recipe for sausages with oregano, mushrooms and olives is absolutely delicious. Please note that it contains pork and is therefore intended for non-Muslims only.
For a successful sausage dish, try this simple stew that includes an essential element – mashed potatoes. The combination of sausage, oregano, mushrooms and olives makes a flavorful and filling meal. You won’t believe how easy it is to make this hearty stew that is sure to impress your family and friends.
- 450g pack of reduced fat sausages
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 400 g chopped tomatoes or canned cherry tomatoes
- 200 ml beef broth
- 100g pitted black olives in brine
- 500g pack of mushrooms, cut into thick slices
Keep the sausages over gentle heat
as they can burn easily and with less fat.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut the sausages into meatball-sized pieces.
- Heat a large skillet and fry the sausage pieces in the oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the oregano and garlic to the pan and fry for 1 minute more.
- Add tomatoes, stock, olives and mushrooms to the pan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until the sausages are cooked through and the sauce has reduced slightly.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or pasta.
Equipment and tools
To prepare this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- frying pan
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- tin opener
- measuring spoon
This recipe may contain allergens. Please note the following:
- This recipe contains sausages that may contain allergens such as wheat or soy.
- Depending on the brand or variety used, the sausages may also contain gluten or dairy products.
- The brine for the black olives may contain salt.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, follow these storage tips:
- Allow the sausages with oregano, mushrooms and olives to cool completely.
- Transfer the leftovers to an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, gently warm leftovers in a skillet over low heat until warmed through.
The health benefits of sausages with oregano, mushrooms and olives
When it comes to a delicious and filling meal, sausages with oregano, mushrooms and olives are a delicious combination. But did you know that this savory dish also offers several health benefits? Let’s take a closer look at the nutritional value and health benefits of these key ingredients.
1. Reduced fat sausages
Choosing reduced-fat sausages immediately reduces the overall calorie and fat content of the dish. Choosing these leaner alternatives will allow you to enjoy the taste and texture of sausage without compromising your health and weight management goals.
In addition to being a fragrant herb, oregano is a valuable source of antioxidants and other important compounds. It has been linked to various potential health benefits, including anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. Incorporating dried oregano into this recipe adds flavor while providing potential wellness benefits.
Although garlic is used sparingly in this recipe, its presence brings more than just flavor. Garlic is known for its potential therapeutic effects such as: B. strengthening the immune system and lowering blood pressure. The sliced garlic cloves add a subtle but comforting touch to this dish.
The chopped canned or cherry tomatoes used in this recipe add to the richness and texture of the dish. Tomatoes are a great source of vitamin C, potassium and various antioxidants. Including tomatoes in your diet has been linked to potential heart health benefits and a reduction in the risk of certain cancers.
5. Beef broth
The addition of beef broth improves the overall flavor profile of the dish. Although beef broth should be consumed in moderation due to its sodium content, it can provide important minerals such as iron, zinc and selenium, which play a crucial role in maintaining a healthy body.
6. Black olives
Packed with monounsaturated fats and vitamin E, black olives offer a range of health benefits. These include potential improvements in heart health, supporting digestion and providing anti-inflammatory properties. Adding pitted black olives to this recipe not only provides a delicious burst of flavor, but also contributes to your overall well-being.
Thickly sliced mushrooms in this dish not only make a delicious side dish, but also provide important nutrients. They are a rich source of B vitamins, potassium and fiber. Additionally, mushrooms are known for their potential immune-boosting properties and may have antimicrobial effects.
By combining these healthy ingredients in sausages with oregano, mushrooms and olives, you can enjoy a hearty and nutritious meal that will not only satisfy your taste buds but also contribute to your overall health and well-being.