Treat yourself to the irresistible taste of our salted caramel and macadamia pralines. With the perfect balance of crunchy, sweet and salty, these bite-sized treats are sure to satisfy your cravings. Each praline is made from the finest ingredients and features a heavenly combination of creamy caramel, toasted macadamia nuts and a touch of sea salt. These delicious treats are so addictive that you’ll find it hard to stop at just one. They are ideal for gifting, but also make a wonderful addition to any gift basket, adding a touch of luxury and indulgence to your special occasions.
- 300g macadamia nuts, lightly toasted in a pan or in the oven on low heat
- 350g granulated white sugar
- 175g light brown sugar
- 125 ml whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 85g butter
With a candy thermometer
For this recipe it is important to use a candy thermometer if you want the caramel to be particularly firm. Candy thermometers are clearly labeled so you can easily see when you’re at the right point. In this case, tough.
- Place a large sheet of baking paper on your work surface for later use.
- Mix all ingredients with 1 teaspoon of sea salt in a large pot.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is melted.
- Increase the heat and bring to a boil.
- Add a candy thermometer and stir continuously until the sugar is solid.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Continue stirring for 30 seconds.
- Using a wooden spoon, quickly spoon the mixture onto the parchment.
- Leave some space when applying, otherwise the mixture will spread a little.
- The mixture will thicken quickly, so work quickly so it doesn’t get too thick.
- Sprinkle a few more salt flakes over each praline.
- Allow the chocolates to cool and harden.
- Store in an airtight container for a few days.
- Best enjoyed within 24 hours of preparation.
Equipment and tools
- Candy thermometer
- skillet or low oven
This recipe contains macadamia nuts and milk.
Storage and leftovers
Once the chocolates have completely cooled, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
The health benefits of salted caramel and macadamia pralines
If you love the combination of sweet and salty flavors, salted caramel and macadamia pralines are sure to delight your taste buds. But did you know that these delicious treats also offer some health benefits? Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients and their possible positive effects on your well-being.
The main ingredient in these chocolates is macadamia nuts. These crunchy nuts are not only delicious, but also full of nutrients. Here are some health benefits associated with macadamia nuts:
- Heart-Healthy Fats: Macadamia nuts are known for their high content of monounsaturated fatty acids, which may help support heart health. These healthy fats can help lower bad cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Rich in Antioxidants: These nuts are a good source of antioxidants, which can protect the cells in your body from oxidative damage. Antioxidants can also help reduce inflammation and support a healthy immune system.
- Vitamin and Mineral Powerhouse: Macadamia nuts contain various essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B6, iron, magnesium and manganese. These nutrients play a crucial role in maintaining overall health and well-being.
The salted caramel in these chocolates is made from a combination of white granulated sugar and light brown sugar. While excessive sugar consumption should be avoided, moderate amounts can be incorporated into a balanced diet. Here are a few health considerations related to sugar:
- Energy boost: Sugar serves as a quick source of energy for our bodies. However, it’s important to consume sugar in moderation to avoid energy slumps and weight gain.
- Mental Wellbeing: Consuming small amounts of sugar can help increase serotonin levels in the brain, which can have a positive impact on mood and overall mental well-being.
milk and butter
The addition of whole milk and butter gives these chocolates a creamy and rich texture. Although these ingredients provide flavor and texture, their saturated fat content makes it important to consume them in moderation.
The recipe calls for a teaspoon of vanilla extract, which not only enhances the flavor of the chocolates but also offers potential health benefits. Some studies suggest that vanilla extract may have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, making it a possible ally against certain diseases.
In summary, while salted caramel and macadamia pralines are a delicious treat that should be enjoyed in moderation, they also offer some potential health benefits. Macadamia nuts provide heart-healthy fats and essential nutrients, while moderate amounts of sugar provide a quick boost of energy and can lift your mood. However, remember that balance and moderation are key to enjoying these delicious treats.