This healthy noodle soup is low in fat, heart-healthy, and full of delicious ingredients. With its delicious blend of fresh salmon, nutritious vegetables and aromatic herbs, it’s a filling meal that warms the body and soul. The delicate balance of flavors combined with the soothing texture of the pasta makes it perfect at any time of the year. Whether you’re looking for a light lunch or a nutritious dinner, this salmon noodle soup is sure to be a favorite among health-conscious foodies.
- 1 liter low-salt chicken broth
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 100g flat rice noodles
- 150g pack of shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 125g package baby corn, sliced
- 2 skinless salmon fillets, sliced
- Juice 2 limes
- 1 tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- a pinch of brown sugar
- small bunch of coriander, chopped
- Pour the broth into a large pot, bring to the boil and then stir in the curry paste.
- Add the pasta and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and corn and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the salmon to the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice, soy sauce and a pinch of sugar.
- Pour into 4 bowls.
- Sprinkle with coriander just before serving.
Equipment and tools
For this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Large pot or pot
- Sharp knife
- cutting board
- Mixing spoon
- measuring spoon
- measuring cup
This salmon noodle soup contains the following allergens:
- Fish (salmon)
Please note that this recipe may also contain traces of other allergens not listed above. To ensure the meal meets your nutritional needs, it is important to check the specific products and brands used.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover salmon noodle soup, follow these storage guidelines:
- Allow the soup to cool completely before storing.
- Pour the soup into an airtight container or individual meal prep containers.
- Store the soup in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat leftover soup, simply place it in a pot or microwave-safe bowl and gently heat until warmed through.
When reheating, ensure the soup reaches a safe internal temperature before consuming.
Do not freeze the soup, otherwise the consistency and quality of the pasta and salmon may be affected.
Health Benefits of Salmon Noodle Soup
Salmon noodle soup is not only a delicious dish but also offers numerous health benefits. This flavorful soup combines the goodness of salmon, rice noodles, mushrooms, baby corn, and other ingredients, making it a nutritious and filling meal. Let’s explore some of the health benefits it offers:
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids: Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for brain and heart health as well as reducing inflammation in the body. Including salmon in this soup will help you meet your daily omega-3 requirements.
- Rich in Protein: Salmon is packed with high-quality protein, a macronutrient important for building and repairing tissue, supporting immune function, and maintaining healthy skin. Adding sliced salmon fillets to the soup makes it a protein-packed meal.
- Good source of antioxidants: The shiitake mushrooms contained in this soup are known for their high antioxidant content. Antioxidants protect the body from harmful free radicals, reduce the risk of chronic diseases and promote overall well-being.
- Provides essential vitamins and minerals: This soup contains baby corn, which is rich in vitamins A and C, as well as minerals like potassium and manganese. These nutrients play a crucial role in boosting the immune system and supporting optimal bone health.
- Increases fiber intake: The flat rice noodles used in this soup are a source of fiber. Fiber supports digestion, helps regulate blood sugar levels and promotes a healthy gut. Including high-fiber pasta in your diet can contribute to better overall digestive health.
- Supports Heart Health: The low-salt chicken broth and low-salt soy sauce in this soup help control sodium intake, which is essential for maintaining healthy blood pressure and cardiovascular health.
- Provides Vitamin C: The addition of lime juice not only gives the soup a spicy note, but also increases the absorption of vitamin C. Vitamin C strengthens the immune system and supports collagen production, which promotes healthy skin and wound healing.
- Improves taste due to low sugar content: The small pinch of brown sugar adds a touch of sweetness to balance the flavors without significantly affecting the sugar content of the dish. This way you can enjoy the taste while keeping your sugar intake under control.
- Contains fresh coriander for additional nutrients: Sprinkling chopped cilantro, also known as cilantro, over the soup enhances its flavor and provides additional health benefits. Coriander contains antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that contribute to overall well-being.
Overall, enjoying a bowl of salmon noodle soup not only satisfies your taste buds, but also provides a variety of essential nutrients, promotes heart health, and increases overall well-being. Try this recipe to experience the taste and health benefits first hand!