This Roasted Vegetable Couscous with Mascarpone recipe is not only delicious, but also a great choice for a hearty and healthy dinner. The combination of roasted vegetables and creamy mascarpone creates a flavorful dish that will tantalize your taste buds. Plus, it’s a budget-friendly option that won’t break your budget. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or entertaining friends, this easy meal is a winner. With its satiating effect, it is guaranteed to leave you feeling satisfied. Try this recipe today and enjoy a tasty and nutritious meal that everyone will love!
- 4 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 2 zucchini, halved and then cut into thick sticks
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus some for drizzling
- ½ tsp sugar
- 6 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 200g couscous
- 400g can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 50 g mascarpone or full-fat soft cheese (add a little more if desired)
- a small handful of chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 and prepare your kettle.
- Place the red peppers and zucchini in a roasting tray.
- Add garlic, olive oil, sugar and some spices to the tray.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add the tomatoes and chili slices to the tray.
- Roast for another 20 minutes until the tomatoes and peppers are juicy and full of flavor.
- While the vegetables are roasting, combine the couscous and chickpeas in a separate bowl.
- Pour 200-250 ml of boiling water over the couscous and chickpeas until just covered.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous mixture with a fork and add more water if necessary.
- Once the vegetables are finished roasting, stir in the mascarpone cheese.
- Divide the couscous mixture evenly between 4 plates.
- Top each plate with the roasted vegetables.
- Scatter some chopped parsley over the top and drizzle with olive oil.
Roasted vegetable couscous with mascarpone
Roasted vegetable couscous with mascarpone
Equipment and tools
- baking tray
- Sharp knife
- Garlic press
- mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
Please note that this recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (mascarpone or full-fat soft cheese)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply place the couscous in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes until warmed through.
Health Benefits of Roasted Vegetable Couscous with Mascarpone
Roasted Vegetable Couscous with Mascarpone is not only a delicious and filling dish but also offers numerous health benefits. The combination of fresh vegetables, fiber-rich couscous, and protein-rich chickpeas makes this recipe a nutritious choice. Let’s take a closer look at the health benefits of each ingredient:
1. Red peppers
The bright red peppers used in this recipe are an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and E. These antioxidants help protect the body from harmful free radicals and boost the immune system.
Zucchini, also known as zucchini, is low in calories and high in nutrients. They are a great source of fiber, which aids digestion and promotes a healthy gut. Zucchini also provides vitamins A and C, as well as potassium, which is essential for maintaining a healthy heart.
Garlic not only adds flavor to the dish but also has various health benefits. It contains a compound called allicin, which is known for its antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. Garlic also supports cardiovascular health and can help lower blood pressure.
Tomatoes are an excellent source of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that has been linked to a reduced risk of heart disease and certain cancers. They also provide vitamin C, potassium and folic acid.
5. Red chili
Red chilies add a spicy touch to the recipe while providing health benefits. Chili peppers contain capsaicin, a compound known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Capsaicin can also help improve metabolism and weight loss.
Couscous is a versatile and nutrient-rich grain made from durum wheat. It is a good source of complex carbohydrates, provides sustained energy and keeps you fuller for longer. Couscous is also low in fat and sodium.
Chickpeas are a rich source of plant-based protein, making them an excellent choice for vegans and vegetarians. They are also rich in fiber, which aids digestion and promotes satiety. Chickpeas provide important minerals such as iron, magnesium and zinc.
8. Mascarpone or full-fat soft cheese
Mascarpone or full-fat soft cheese gives the dish a creamy and delicious touch. Although it is high in fat, it can be enjoyed in moderation. Cheese provides calcium, protein and other essential nutrients necessary for bone health.
9. Flat-leaf parsley
Not only is parsley an aromatic herb, but it is also a nutritional powerhouse. It is rich in vitamins A, C and K as well as iron and antioxidants. Parsley may also have anti-inflammatory and digestive properties.
Incorporating Roasted Vegetable Couscous with Mascarpone into your diet can be a great way to enjoy a delicious and healthy meal. The combination of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber from the various ingredients make this dish a nutritious addition to any menu.