This roasted salmon, pepper and broad bean salad is not only delicious but also incredibly easy to make. With a vibrant flavor combination, it’s a refreshing choice that’s sure to impress your guests. The best part? You can prepare it in advance so all you have to do is put it together when your guests arrive. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just want a quick and healthy meal, this salad is sure to be a hit.
- 3 red peppers, halved and deseeded
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus some for frying
- 4 salmon fillets without skin and bones
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- small bunch of basil, finely chopped, plus a few whole leaves
- 100 g broad beans, double peeled
- 2 avocados
- Squeeze out lemon juice
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced very thinly
- 100g bag of rocket
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7.
- Rub the peppers with a little olive oil, place them in a roasting pan and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Rub the salmon with a little oil, put it in the dish and fry for another 8 minutes.
- Remove the peppers, place them in a bowl, cover with cling film and set aside.
- Allow the salmon to cool and then refrigerate until serving.
- When the peppers are cool enough, peel the skin from the peppers and cut the flesh into strips.
- Mash capers with oil and vinegar, garlic and spices.
- Mix the caper mixture with the pepper strips, any pepper juices and the grated basil. Put aside.
- Blanch the beans in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes until just tender.
- Drain the beans and rinse them under cold water to cool. Set aside until serving.
- To serve, cut the salmon into large pieces.
- Halve the avocados, stone them, chop them roughly and sprinkle them with a little lemon juice to prevent them from browning.
- Layer the fennel, arugula, basil leaves, avocado, beans, salmon and peppers with the dressing on a large platter.
- Gently mix the ingredients together.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread.
Equipment and tools
To prepare this recipe for Roasted Salmon, Peppers and Broad Beans Salad, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- baking tray
- measuring spoon
- A garlic press
This recipe for Roasted Salmon, Peppers and Broad Beans Salad may contain the following allergens:
Storage and leftovers
If you have any leftovers from this Roasted Salmon, Peppers, and Broad Beans Salad, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Health Benefits of Roasted Salmon, Peppers and Broad Beans Salad
The roasted salmon, pepper and broad bean salad is not only a delicious and aromatic dish, but also offers numerous health benefits. This salad is packed with nutrient-dense ingredients that contribute to overall well-being.
1. Salmon – a nutritional powerhouse
The skinless, boneless salmon fillets used in this salad are an excellent source of high-quality proteins and omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are known for their heart-healthy properties, reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease and promoting brain health. Salmon is also rich in vitamins D and B12 as well as minerals such as selenium and potassium.
2. Peppers – a colorful source of antioxidants
The three red peppers used in this recipe not only add vibrant color to the salad, but also provide a significant amount of vitamins and antioxidants. Red peppers are particularly rich in vitamin C, which strengthens the immune system and promotes healthy skin. In addition, they contain carotenoids such as beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin, which have positive effects on eye health.
3. Broad Beans – Packed with fiber and plant-based protein
Broad beans, also known as broad beans, are a nutritional powerhouse. They are an excellent source of fiber, which aids digestion and helps maintain a healthy weight. Additionally, broad beans contain plant-based protein, making them a great option for vegetarians and vegans. These beans also contain various vitamins and minerals, including folic acid and iron.
4. Avocados – a creamy source of healthy fats
The two avocados used in this recipe contribute to the creaminess of the salad while providing numerous health benefits. Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fats, which have positive effects on heart health and can help lower bad cholesterol levels. They are also rich in vitamins E and K as well as potassium, fiber and antioxidants.
5. Arugula and Fennel – nutrient-dense and low in calories
This salad contains a 100g bag of arugula and a very thinly sliced fennel bulb. Arugula, also known as arugula, is a leafy vegetable that is low in calories but high in vitamins A, C and K. It also contains folic acid, calcium and iron. Fennel, on the other hand, is rich in fiber, vitamin C and potassium. It also gives the salad a unique taste and crunch.
6. Other nutritious ingredients
Additional ingredients like capers, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, and lemon juice not only enhance the flavor of this salad but also provide various health benefits. Capers are a good source of antioxidants and minerals like iron and calcium. Balsamic vinegar provides probiotics and aids digestion. Garlic is known for its immune-boosting properties, while basil offers anti-inflammatory properties. Lemon juice provides a refreshing citrus taste and is rich in vitamin C.
Overall, the Roasted Salmon, Pepper and Broad Bean Salad is a wonderful choice for anyone looking for a nutritious and balanced meal. Incorporating these ingredients into your diet can help support your overall health and well-being.