Want to impress your guests at your next dinner party? Look no further! Our Roasted Rack of Lamb with Rosemary recipe is a surefire way to make a statement. The simplicity of this dish makes it truly remarkable. Tender, juicy lamb paired with the aromatic flavors of rosemary creates a delicious experience that will amaze your guests. Whether you’re an experienced cook or just starting out, this recipe is foolproof and guarantees a dining experience that will have everyone coming back for more. Try our Roasted Rack of Lamb with Rosemary today and be the star of your next dinner party!
- 4 racks of lamb (2 pairs of best ends), French trimmed
- 4 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- a large sprig of rosemary, the needles stripped and coarsely chopped
- 8 tbsp light olive oil
- Place the racks of lamb in a porcelain or glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle garlic and rosemary on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Let marinate for at least 4 hours (or overnight if you have time), turning occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to fan 200°C/conventional 220°C/gas 7.
- Season the lamb generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over moderately high heat.
- Fry vigorously on two of the racks on the meat side for about 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the racks over and brown the other sides for 1 minute more.
- Briefly sear the ends so that all of the exposed meat is seared.
- Remove the browned racks and repeat the browning process with the remaining two racks.
- Place the racks in a large roasting pan and arrange them in pairs, with the bones connected.
- Roast for about 8 minutes for very pink meat, 10 minutes for medium meat and 12-15 minutes for well done meat.
- Transfer the lamb to a warmed plate.
- Cover loosely with foil and let rest in a warm place for about 5 minutes before carving.
- If necessary, return the lamb to the oven for about a minute to bring it back to temperature before serving.
- Cut the lamb into cutlets.
- Serve on warmed plates with a spoonful of chickpea stew.
Equipment and tools
Before you start preparing the rack of lamb with rosemary, make sure you have the following equipment and tools:
- Knife for trimming and chopping
- cutting board
- casserole dish or frying pan
- Basting brush
- Meat thermometer
Please note the following allergens in this recipe:
- olive oil
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover roasted rack of lamb with rosemary, here are some storage guidelines:
- Place the leftovers in an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, place the lamb in a preheated 350°F oven for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Health Benefits of Roast Rack of Lamb with Rosemary
The combination of juicy roasted rack of lamb with aromatic rosemary not only creates a sensational dish, but also offers several health benefits. Let’s explore some of the reasons why indulging in this recipe may be good for you:
1. High quality protein
Each serving of this recipe contains a generous amount of high-quality protein from racks of lamb. Protein is an essential nutrient that helps with cell repair, growth and maintenance. It also supports the proper functioning of enzymes and hormone production.
2. Rich in vitamins and minerals
Lamb meat is a good source of various vitamins and minerals necessary for maintaining health. It is particularly rich in vitamin B12, zinc, selenium and iron. Vitamin B12 is important for red blood cell production and neurological function. Zinc and selenium act as antioxidants, support the function of the immune system and contribute to a healthy metabolism. Iron is crucial for oxygenating the body and preventing anemia.
3. Healthy fats
The light olive oil used in this recipe provides healthy monounsaturated fats. These fats are known for their heart-protective properties and help lower bad cholesterol levels and increase good cholesterol levels.
4. Antioxidant power of rosemary
The addition of rosemary not only enhances the flavor but also provides antioxidant benefits. Rosemary contains compounds such as rosmarinic acid and carnosol, which have powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. These compounds help neutralize harmful free radicals in the body, reduce oxidative stress, and potentially support overall health.
5. Tasty alternative to red meat
This recipe offers a flavorful alternative to traditional red meats like beef or pork. Lamb is known to have a unique flavor and the combination of rosemary and garlic provides a delightful flavor and aroma. Enjoying this dish will help you satisfy your carnivorous cravings while adding some variety to your usual meat choices.
When you make this Roasted Rack of Lamb with Rosemary, you will not only enjoy a delicious meal but also reap its nutritional benefits. It is important to remember that moderation is the key to a balanced diet.