This impressive looking dish makes a wonderful appetizer for a dinner party. The combination of roasted pumpkin, creamy thyme sauce and grated Parmesan creates an explosion of delicious flavors. The tender, perfectly roasted pumpkin delivers a subtle sweetness that complements the richness of the cream. Sprinkled with fragrant thyme and a generous amount of grated Parmesan, this dish is both visually striking and incredibly delicious. Each bite is a symphony of textures and flavors, making it the perfect choice to impress your guests. With minimal prep time and maximum wow factor, this recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
- 1½ kg pumpkins
- 300 ml pot of double cream
- 150 ml milk
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 85g grated Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
starter or page,
Make this roast
use a lot
and serve to everyone
Guest their own
one, as in
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/130°C fan/gas 2.
- Cut the top off the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds and strings.
- Place the pumpkin on a baking sheet.
- In the meantime, heat the cream, milk, garlic and most of the thyme and season generously.
- When hot, pour the cream mixture into the pumpkin.
- Stir in 50 g Parmesan.
- Put the lid on.
- Bake for 1½ hours.
- Remove the pumpkin from the oven.
- Increase the heat to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Remove the lid from the pumpkin.
- Sprinkle with pepper and the remaining cheese.
- Bake for another 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Scatter the remaining thyme leaves on top.
- Pour the pumpkin flesh into bowls.
- Serve as a starter with cheese cream and crusty bread.
Equipment and tools
- Vegetable peeler
- Large roasting tray
- Aluminum foil
This recipe contains dairy (double cream and parmesan) and garlic. Please note that the Parmesan can be replaced with a vegetarian alternative if desired.
Storage and leftovers
This roasted pumpkin dish is best enjoyed immediately after cooking. If there are any leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Health Benefits of Roasted Pumpkin with Cream, Thyme and Parmesan
Pumpkin is not only delicious but also offers numerous health benefits. Combined with creamy double cream, thyme and parmesan cheese, this nutritious roasted pumpkin dish becomes a complete treat for your taste buds. Here are some health benefits of the ingredients used in this recipe:
- Pumpkins are low in calories and high in fiber, making them a great weight management option.
- They are rich in antioxidants such as beta-carotene, which may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Pumpkins are a good source of potassium, vitamin C and other essential nutrients that support heart health.
- They contain antioxidants that can improve eye health and protect against age-related macular degeneration.
- Pumpkins are also rich in vitamin A, which has positive effects on skin health and a strong immune system.
- Double cream is a rich source of healthy fats that provide energy to the body.
- It contains vital vitamins such as vitamin A and vitamin D, which are necessary for maintaining healthy bones and teeth.
- The high fat content in double cream helps absorb fat-soluble vitamins and other nutrients contained in the dish.
- When consumed in moderation, double cream can contribute to a balanced diet and provide a feeling of satisfaction.
- Thyme is an herb known for its medicinal properties.
- It has antibacterial and antifungal properties that can help fight off infections.
- Thyme contains antioxidants that can support overall health and protect against chronic diseases.
- It is believed to have an anti-inflammatory effect that can help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Thyme also contains vitamins and minerals that are essential for maintaining a healthy immune system.
- Parmesan cheese is a good source of protein and provides essential amino acids for muscle building and repair.
- It is rich in calcium, which is necessary for maintaining strong bones and preventing osteoporosis.
- Parmesan cheese contains vitamins such as vitamin A and vitamin B12, which are important for various body functions.
- It is a type of cheese with a low lactose content, making it suitable for people with lactose intolerance.
- Although it is high in sodium, using it in moderation can add a burst of flavor to your dishes without compromising health.
By incorporating these ingredients into your roasted pumpkin dish, you not only create a delicious meal but also impart a number of health-promoting properties. So treat yourself to this tasty recipe and enjoy the benefits it offers!