Treat yourself to a delicious and healthy meal with our delicious roasted pepper linguine with crispy crumbs. This vegetarian pasta dish is packed with aromatic roasted peppers that add a delicious sweetness to every bite. Accompanied by spicy green olives, aromatic sweet basil and a touch of chili breadcrumbs, this dish takes your taste buds on a tantalizing journey. It’s a perfect combination of textures and flavors that leaves you feeling satisfied and nourished. Treat yourself to a bowl of this exquisite linguine and experience a symphony of flavors that will delight you again and again.
- 4 mixed peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 100 g fresh white bread, crushed into breadcrumbs
- 300g linguine
- 85 g green, pitted olives, halved
- ½ small package of basil, torn, reserving a few small leaves for garnish
- Zest of half a lemon
- 25g butter
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Place the peppers in a roasting pan and add half the oil.
- Season the peppers and spread them in a single layer.
- Roast the peppers for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Add the remaining oil to a frying pan.
- Add the garlic and let it soften over low heat for 10 seconds.
- Add chili flakes, breadcrumbs and spices to the pan.
- Toast the mixture until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer the toasted mixture to a plate and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Drain the cooked pasta, reserving a few tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Toss the cooked pasta together with the roasted peppers, olives, torn basil, lemon zest, reserved cooking water, butter and some spices.
- Sprinkle the dish with the crispy crumbs and additional basil leaves.
- Serve the roasted red pepper linguine with crispy crumbs.
Equipment and tools
For this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- cutting board
- frying pan
- Blender or food processor
- Tongs or pasta spoon
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Gluten – from linguine and breadcrumbs
Please ensure that all ingredients used are suitable for your dietary needs.
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, simply warm the pasta in a pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Note: The consistency of the crispy crumbs may not be the same once cooled.
Health Benefits of Roasted Pepper Linguine with Crispy Crumbs
When it comes to taking care of our health, a balanced diet is an important aspect. This includes incorporating a variety of nutritious ingredients into our meals. One such dish that not only satisfies the taste buds but also offers multiple health benefits is roasted pepper linguine with crispy crumbs. Let’s explore the nutritional benefits of this delicious recipe.
1. Paprika to boost immunity
The main ingredient of this dish is the mixed peppers. This vibrant vegetable is rich in vital nutrients, including vitamin C and beta-carotene, which can help boost the immune system and fight common illnesses. They also contain antioxidants that fight free radicals, reducing the risk of chronic diseases.
2. Olive oil and cardiovascular health
The olive oil used in this recipe not only provides a delicious taste but also offers numerous health benefits. Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fats, which may help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. In addition, it is a good source of vitamin E, which is known for its antioxidant properties.
3. Garlic for health and taste
With its powerful aroma and flavor, garlic is not only a popular ingredient in many dishes, but is also known for its potential health benefits. It is believed to have antimicrobial and antiviral properties and to support the immune system. Garlic also contains sulfur compounds that can have heart-protective effects.
4. Nutritional Value of Linguine
Linguine, a type of pasta used in this recipe, is a source of carbohydrates that provide energy to your body. When consumed in moderation, pasta can be part of a healthy diet. Choosing whole grain linguine adds fiber to the dish, promoting better digestion and potentially aiding in weight management.
5. Basil and lemon – a tasteful combination
The use of basil and lemon peel not only provides a refreshing taste but also contributes to the overall nutritional profile. Basil contains important nutrients such as vitamins A, K and C as well as minerals such as iron and calcium. Lemon peel, on the other hand, offers a hint of citrus flavor and is a good source of vitamin C.
6. Benefits of Butter in Moderation
The small amount of butter used in this dish provides a rich and creamy touch. Although butter should be consumed in moderation due to its high saturated fat content, it can be part of a healthy diet if used sparingly. Butter provides important fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamins A, D, E and K.
When you enjoy roasted pepper linguine with crispy crumbs, you will not only treat your taste buds to a delicious experience, but you will also benefit from the nutrients that the carefully selected ingredients provide. Remember to prepare this dish in moderation and enjoy it as part of a balanced diet.