Introducing our delicious recipe “Garden Salad with Roasted Chicken” that is sure to tantalize your taste buds! This culinary delight combines the juiciness of whole chicken with a unique twist. As the croutons cook alongside the chicken, they absorb its incredible flavor and add a delicious crunch to every bite. But that’s not all – our secret lies in the dressing, made from the heavenly chicken juices. The result is a harmonious mix of flavors that leaves you wanting more. Experience the ultimate culinary delight that only non-Muslims can enjoy. Try it today and enrich your salad selection!
- 1 large chicken (approx. 2 kg)
- 2 lemons, halved
- ½ small bunch of thyme
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 1 ciabatta loaf, torn into pieces
- 90g pack of prosciutto
- 1 garlic bulb, halved horizontally
- 200g pack of green beans
- 1 bunch of spring onions, sliced
- small bunch of parsley, coarsely chopped
- 4 baby gem lettuces, cut into leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Season the chicken inside and out and then fill the cavity with one of the lemons and the thyme.
- Place the chicken in a spacious roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast the chicken for 40 minutes.
- Take the mold out of the oven.
- Distribute the ciabatta pieces around the chicken.
- Spread over the prosciutto.
- Add the garlic and the remaining lemon halves to the mold.
- Roast everything together for another 40 minutes until the croutons and prosciutto are crispy.
- Remove from oven.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and let cool.
- Remove croutons and prosciutto and set aside.
- Cook the green beans in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Drain the green beans and let them cool under cold water.
- Place the green beans in a large bowl.
- Add scallions and parsley to the bowl.
- To make the dressing, mash the roasted lemon and garlic in the roasting pan with a potato masher.
- Remove all of the peel from the garlic.
- Stir in olive oil and lemon juice and season a little.
- Scrape the bottom of the can to get any sticky chicken juices into the dressing.
- Stir in the remaining juices from the chicken and set aside.
- Remove the meat from the bones of the cooled chicken.
- Just before serving, add dressing, chicken, croutons, prosciutto and lettuce to the green bean mixture in the bowl.
- Put everything together in the bowl.
- Spread the mixture on a large serving platter.
Equipment and tools
To prepare the fried chicken garden salad, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Large frying pan
- cutting board
- baking tray
- mixing bowl
The fried chicken garden salad contains the following allergens:
- Prosciutto (pork)
Please note that this salad may also come into contact with other allergens such as nuts, seeds and dairy products during preparation. If you have specific dietary restrictions or allergies, please adjust the recipe accordingly or consult a doctor.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover Roast Chicken Garden Salad, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Be sure to separate any dressings or sauces from the salad ingredients to preserve freshness. To serve, stir the salad briefly and season if necessary. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of Roast Chicken Garden Salad
Garden salad with roasted chicken is not only a delicious and filling dish, but it also offers numerous health benefits. Packed with a variety of nutritious ingredients, this salad provides essential vitamins, minerals and macronutrients that promote overall well-being. Here are some of the health benefits you can enjoy when you enjoy this flavorful salad:
1. High protein content
The main ingredient of this salad is the large chicken, which provides a significant amount of protein. Protein is essential for proper tissue growth and repair and is therefore critical for maintaining muscle strength and supporting a healthy immune system.
2. Rich in vitamins
Adding lemons to this salad not only improves the flavor, but also provides a healthy dose of vitamin C. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that supports immune function, promotes healthy skin, and aids wound healing.
Thyme, another ingredient in this recipe, is rich in vitamins A and K. Vitamin A is important for maintaining good vision and promoting a healthy immune system, while vitamin K is crucial for blood clotting and bone health.
3. Plenty of fiber
The ciabatta loaf torn into pieces and added to this salad provides a good amount of fiber. Fiber helps regulate digestion, prevents constipation and promotes a healthy gut. It also helps control blood sugar levels and contributes to a feeling of satiety, which can be helpful in weight control.
4. Nutrient-rich greens
This salad contains a variety of nutrient-dense vegetables such as green beans, green onions, parsley and baby gem lettuce. Green vegetables are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that contribute to overall health and well-being. They are low in calories and high in fiber, making them perfect for weight control.
5. Healthy fats
Olive oil, both for drizzling and as an ingredient, adds healthy fats to this salad. Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fats, which are known to support heart health. Consuming healthy fats in moderation is essential for absorbing fat-soluble vitamins and maintaining optimal body function.
6. Refreshing citrus flavor
The combination of lemon juice and olive oil as a dressing gives this salad a refreshing and tangy taste. Citrus fruits are known to aid digestion, provide immune-boosting vitamin C, and improve the flavor of dishes without adding a lot of calories.
The next time you make a roast chicken garden salad, you can enjoy its delicious flavor while benefiting from its remarkable health properties. Incorporate this nutritious salad into your diet and lead a healthier lifestyle.