When you cook juicy lamb and herbed potatoes together, the potatoes absorb all the delicious juices. This delicious dish combines tender roast lamb with aromatic garlic and a blend of fresh herbs, creating a delicious flavor that is simply irresistible. The lamb is tender and cooked to perfection, creating a juicy and flavorful centerpiece to your meal. The accompanying boulangère potatoes complement the lamb beautifully, soaking up all the delicious juices and allowing their natural flavors to shine through. Treat yourself and your loved ones to this delicious combination of flavors and textures that will have everyone craving seconds.
- 2 kg leg of lamb
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- a few sprigs of rosemary
- a few sprigs of thyme
- 2 kg large potatoes, e.g. B. King Edwards
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 600 ml chicken stock
- 50g butter
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- Cut small pockets into the skin and flesh of the lamb by piercing it with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Stuff each pocket with a garlic slice and a few rosemary leaves or sprinkle with thyme.
- Place the lamb in a roasting pan and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover the lamb with foil.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices.
- Rinse the potato slices under cold tap water.
- Stack the potatoes in a large ovenproof dish or roasting pan.
- Mix the potatoes with the onions, the remaining garlic slices and plenty of herbs.
- Heat the broth and butter together.
- Pour the heated broth and butter mixture over the potatoes.
- Cover the form with foil.
- Bake the covered potatoes with the lamb in the oven for 1 hour.
- Cover the bowl.
- Place the fried lamb on top of the potatoes.
- Roast the lamb and open potatoes for another 45 minutes.
- Let the lamb rest for about 15 minutes before carving.
- Leave the potatoes in the oven until ready to serve, covering them if they brown too much.
Equipment and tools
To prepare the Roast Lamb with Garlic and Herbs and Boulangère Potatoes recipe, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Large roasting pan
- Sharp knife
- Garlic press
- measuring cup
- Mandoline slicer (optional)
- wooden spoon
This recipe for Roast Lamb with Garlic and Herbs on Boulangère Potatoes may contain the following allergens:
- chicken broth
Please ensure you check all ingredient labels carefully if you or your guests have any allergies or dietary restrictions.
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers from the garlic and herb roast lamb on boulangère potatoes, you can store them as follows:
- Allow the lamb and potatoes to cool completely before refrigerating or freezing.
- Place the lamb in an airtight container or wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Place the potatoes in a separate container.
- Label the containers with the date and store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
To reheat, preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Place the lamb and potatoes in a roasting pan and cover with foil. Heat for about 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Health Benefits of Roast Lamb with Garlic and Herbs on Boulangère Potatoes
Roast Lamb with Garlic and Herbs on Boulangère Potatoes is a delicious and nutritious dish that will not only satisfy your taste buds but also provide several health benefits. This article explores the various benefits of this dish’s main ingredients, including garlic, herbs, lamb, potatoes, onions, chicken broth, and butter.
Garlic, a well-known culinary and medicinal ingredient, adds a bold flavor to the dish. It is known for its powerful antioxidant properties, which can help protect the body from harmful free radicals. Additionally, garlic is believed to have potential antibacterial and antiviral properties that can boost the immune system and support overall health.
2. Herbs (rosemary and thyme)
The combination of rosemary and thyme in this recipe not only provides a wonderful aroma, but also some health benefits. Both herbs contain compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties and may aid digestion. Additionally, they can contribute to better brain health and improved memory.
Lamb, particularly the leg cut used in this recipe, is an excellent source of high-quality protein. Protein is essential for the growth and repair of body tissues, making lamb an excellent choice for building muscle. Additionally, lamb is rich in essential nutrients such as iron, zinc and vitamin B12, which support optimal energy levels and promote brain function.
Using large potatoes like King Edwards in Boulangère potatoes provides a good dose of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are the body’s main source of energy and help us stay active throughout the day. In addition, potatoes are a rich source of fiber, which aids digestion and helps maintain regular bowel movements.
Using thinly sliced onions in this recipe not only adds more flavor to the dish but also offers potential health benefits. Onions are a good source of antioxidants, particularly flavonoids, which have been linked to reducing the risk of certain chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain types of cancer.
6. Chicken broth
Using chicken broth as the cooking liquid enhances the flavor of this dish. Although chicken broth may not provide any direct health benefits, it can potentially promote joint health due to its collagen content. Collagen is a protein that supports joint flexibility and can relieve joint pain and inflammation.
Although butter should be consumed in moderation, it gives boulangère potatoes a rich and creamy texture. Butter contains essential fatty acids and fat-soluble vitamins, including vitamin A, which is critical for maintaining healthy skin and tissues.
In summary, roast lamb with garlic and herbs on boulangère potatoes will not only delight your taste buds but also provide various health benefits. From the antioxidant properties of garlic and the anti-inflammatory effects of herbs to the protein-rich lamb and energy-providing potatoes, this dish is a healthy and nutritious addition to your diet.