Roast Chicken Vinaigrette is an exceptional one-pot dish that combines incredible flavors in perfect harmony. The juicy fried chicken paired with the tangy vinaigrette adds a delicious and refreshing touch, making it a perfect choice for a summer meal. This dish offers a pleasant change from the usual sauce and ensures a lighter and livelier taste experience. Enjoy the juicy chicken with the zesty vinaigrette that adds a touch of freshness to every bite. Enhance your dining experience with this exquisite recipe that beautifully combines flavors to create an unforgettable feast.
- 140g unsalted butter, softened
- Juice ½ lemon
- small bunch of sage, leaves only, roughly chopped
- whole chicken, about 1.6 kg
- 1 clove of garlic, divided into the peel
- 600 g small potatoes, scrubbed, halved for large potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers halved and deseeded
- 200 g baby plum tomatoes, skin cut with a knife
- 300 ml chicken broth
- 4 large zucchini, cut into large pieces
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- Mash butter with lemon juice, sage and some spices.
- Carefully separate the chicken’s skin by hand – starting at the bottom of the breast and moving around to the legs. Be careful not to damage the skin.
- Rub the butter under the skin of the chicken.
- Season the cavity of the chicken and stuff it with half the garlic cloves.
- Place the potatoes and some of the remaining garlic cloves in the bottom of a large roasting tray.
- Drizzle potatoes and garlic with half the olive oil.
- Place the chicken on top of the potatoes in the roasting tray.
- Stuff each pepper half with a crushed garlic clove and a quarter of the plum tomatoes.
- Drizzle the pepper and tomato mixture with the remaining olive oil and season.
- Place the pepper and tomato mixture around the outside of the chicken in the roasting tray.
- Pour the broth over the pepper and tomato mixture.
- Roast the chicken for 1 hour and 50 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- After an hour, add the zucchini to the roasting tray and toss them in the oil in the pan.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables from the oven and let them rest for 30 minutes.
- Place chicken and vegetables on a serving plate.
- Mix mustard with red wine vinegar, olive oil and spices.
- Skim off excess fat from the pan juices and place in a small pot.
- Bring the cooking juice to the boil, then remove from the heat and stir in the vinaigrette.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the chicken and vegetables.
Roast Chicken Vinaigrette
Roast Chicken Vinaigrette
Equipment and tools
To prepare this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- frying pan
- cutting board
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (unsalted butter)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and warm the chicken in the skillet for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
Health Benefits of Fried Chicken Vinaigrette
In addition to being a delicious and flavorful dish, fried chicken vinaigrette also offers several health benefits. Here are some of the benefits that come from its ingredients:
Chicken is a great source of lean protein, making it an excellent choice for anyone looking to maintain or gain muscle mass. It is also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including phosphorus, selenium and vitamin B6. Additionally, chicken contains amino acids that can boost the immune system and support overall health.
Despite their bad reputation in some nutrition circles, potatoes can provide numerous health benefits when prepared healthily. They are rich in potassium, an essential mineral that supports the proper functioning of the body’s cells, muscles and organs. Potatoes also provide fiber, which promotes digestive health and helps maintain a healthy weight.
3. Red peppers
Red peppers are an excellent source of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that protects the body from free radicals and strengthens the immune system. They also contain vitamin A, which is essential for eye health, and vitamin B6, which supports brain function.
4. Baby plum tomatoes
Tomatoes are known for their high concentration of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that has been linked to a reduced risk of certain cancers, including prostate and lung cancer. They are also rich in vitamins A and C, potassium and folic acid, all of which contribute to overall health and well-being.
Zucchini, also known as zucchini, are low in calories and high in water content, making them an excellent choice for weight management. They are a good source of fiber, which aids digestion and promotes a healthy gut. Zucchini also contains vitamins A and C, potassium and other essential minerals.
6. Olive oil
Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fats, which are known as “good fats” because they help lower bad cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. It also contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that contribute to overall heart health.
Sage is an herb that has been used for its medicinal properties for centuries. It is known to aid digestion, improve brain function and strengthen the immune system. Sage also contains antioxidants that help protect against oxidative stress and inflammation.
Lemons are rich in vitamin C, which plays a crucial role in supporting the immune system, collagen production and iron absorption. They also contain antioxidants that reduce the risk of chronic diseases and improve digestion.
In summary, fried chicken vinaigrette not only satisfies your taste buds but also provides several health benefits. From providing lean protein and essential vitamins to supporting heart health and immune function, this dish is a nutritious addition to your diet. So give it a try and enjoy a delicious meal that nourishes your body.