We present our delicious recipe “Pasta turnovers with ricotta and rocket” – a real treat for vegetarians looking for a lighter alternative to traditional pasta bakes. These sensational pockets are filled with creamy ricotta cheese and peppery arugula, creating a harmonious blend of flavors. Every bite reveals a hint of deliciousness that leaves you wanting more. This vegetarian dinner is not only impressive but also remarkably easy to prepare, making it perfect for a quick weeknight meal or special dinner occasion. Upgrade your pasta game today with these adorable bags!
- 250g pack of fresh lasagna sheets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g can of ricotta
- 50g bag of rocket
- 2 x 350g jars Loyd Grossman Tomato and Grilled Vegetable Sauce
- 50g mature vegetarian cheddar, grated
- Place the lasagna sheets in a large bowl and pour boiling water over them to cover them. Allow to soak for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 200°C/gas mark 6 and lightly oil a flat baking tray.
- Drain lasagna sheets in a sieve.
- Take a leaf and place a large spoonful of ricotta in the center.
- Scatter a few arugula leaves on top, season well and then fold the leaf in half.
- Pinch the edges together to create a pocket.
- Continue filling all the pasta sheets and then place them on the baking sheet so that they slightly overlap each other.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta pockets, spreading them so that they are completely covered.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake until hot and bubbly, 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with a crisp green salad.
Equipment and tools
- cutting board
- baking pan
- measuring spoon
- measuring cup
Please note that this recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (ricotta, cheddar)
- Gluten (lasagna sheets)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They last up to 3 days. To reheat, place the pasta pockets in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with a damp paper towel, and microwave for 1-2 minutes or until warmed through. Alternatively, reheat them in the oven at 180°C (350°F) for about 10 minutes, until cooked to your liking.
Health Benefits of Ricotta and Arugula Pasta Pockets
When it comes to making a healthy and delicious dish, ricotta and arugula pasta pockets are a fantastic choice. This dish combines the creaminess of ricotta cheese, the peppery flavor of arugula, and the tangy flavor of tomatoes and grilled vegetable sauce. Not only is it a delicious option, but it also offers several health benefits that make it a great addition to your diet.
1. Nutrient-rich ricotta cheese
The main ingredient of this recipe is ricotta cheese, which is rich in essential nutrients. Ricotta is an excellent source of protein that is essential for building and repairing body tissue. It also contains calcium, which is important for maintaining strong bones and teeth. Additionally, ricotta cheese is rich in vitamin A, which promotes good vision, healthy skin and a strong immune system.
2. Peppery and nutrient-rich arugula
The addition of arugula, also known as arugula, gives the pasta pockets a peppery and distinctive flavor. Arugula is low in calories and a good source of vitamins A, C and K. These vitamins are important for maintaining healthy skin, strengthening the immune system and promoting blood clotting. Additionally, arugula is full of antioxidants that protect the body from harmful free radicals.
3. Tomato and grilled vegetable sauce
Loyd Grossman’s tomato and grilled vegetable sauce gives the pasta turnovers a hint of spicy and smoky flavor. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, an antioxidant that has been linked to a reduced risk of certain cancers, including prostate and pancreatic cancer. Additionally, tomatoes are a good source of vitamin C, which supports a healthy immune system.
4. Calcium Rich Vegetarian Cheddar
The mature vegetarian cheddar grated over the pasta pockets not only adds a delicious cheesy flavor but is also a good source of calcium. Calcium is essential for maintaining strong bones and teeth, as well as proper muscle and nerve function. Vegetarian Cheddar is an excellent alternative for anyone who follows a plant-based diet but still wants to benefit from calcium.
In summary, ricotta and arugula pasta pockets offer a number of health benefits. From the nutrient-dense ricotta cheese and arugula to the flavorful tomato and grilled vegetable sauce, each ingredient has nutritional value. Additionally, the addition of calcium-rich vegetarian cheddar improves the overall nutritional profile of this dish. So why not try this delicious and healthy recipe?