You’re in for a treat with our tempting slow cooker ribs recipe! Juicy pork ribs cooked to perfection in a rich, flavorful marinade that will make your taste buds dance with joy. This dish is a must for meat lovers who want a melt-in-your-mouth experience.
Please note that this recipe contains pork and is specifically tailored for non-Muslims. It is important to respect dietary preferences and restrictions. If you are looking for alternative recipes to suit your dietary needs, feel free to explore our diverse collection. Have fun cooking!
- 1½ kg meaty pork ribs
- 1 bottle of barbecue sauce (approx. 350 g)
- 2 pork bouillon cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp peppercorns
You can cook this the day before in the slow cooker, baste with barbecue sauce, cover and refrigerate before cooking or grilling.
- Add 4 tablespoons of barbecue sauce to your slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients.
- Fill with enough water (approx. 1.5 l).
- Cook slowly on low for 8-9 hours, until very tender but not completely falling off the bone.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the ribs from the slow cooker.
- Handle it carefully as the meat will be very tender and may fall off.
- Pour over the remaining barbecue sauce and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes until the outside becomes crispy.
- Alternatively, you can cook it on the grill, turning from time to time, until it is piping hot.
Equipment and tools
For this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Slow cooker
- measuring spoon
This slow cooker ribs recipe contains the following allergens:
- pork meat
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers or want to save the ribs for later, here are some tips:
- Place the cooked ribs in an airtight container.
- Store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, place the ribs on a baking tray and heat in the oven at 180°C for about 15-20 minutes.
Health Benefits of Slow Cooker Ribs
Slow cooker ribs are a delicious and hearty dish that not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers various health benefits. Packed with nutrients and rich in flavor, these tender ribs make a filling meal. Let’s explore some of the health benefits of this delicious treat.
1. Rich in protein
The main ingredient in slow cooker ribs is meaty pork ribs, which are an excellent source of protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue, supporting healthy muscle growth, and strengthening the immune system. Including protein-rich foods like pork ribs in your diet can help you feel fuller for longer and aid in weight management.
2. Nutrient rich
In addition to being a good source of protein, pork ribs also contain several important nutrients. They provide important vitamins and minerals such as iron, zinc, phosphorus and B vitamins. Iron promotes red blood cell production, while zinc supports a healthy immune system. Phosphorus plays a crucial role in maintaining strong bones and teeth, and B vitamins help convert food into energy.
3. Slow cooking preserves nutrients
Using a slow cooker to prepare ribs helps retain more nutrients compared to other cooking methods such as roasting or grilling. Slow cooking at lower temperatures preserves the flavors and helps preserve the vitamins and minerals contained in the pork ribs.
4. Low sodium option
This recipe includes homemade barbecue sauce that allows you to control the amount of sodium in the dish. By using low-sodium ingredients or reducing the amount of salt added, you can enjoy a healthier version of slow cooker ribs that contains less sodium compared to packaged sauces or restaurant versions.
5. Versatile cooking method
Slow cooker ribs can be cooked in advance and stored in the refrigerator before cooking in the oven or grilling. This versatile cooking method allows you to plan and prepare meals in advance, making it easier to maintain a healthy eating routine.
In summary, slow cooker ribs not only taste amazing but also offer various health benefits. They are a great source of protein and contain important vitamins and minerals. The slow cooking method allows you to preserve nutrients and enjoy a flavorful, nutritious dish. Additionally, the ability to control sodium content makes it a healthier choice. So why not treat yourself to some delicious slow cooker ribs?