We present the ultimate sensation for your taste buds – Reggae Reggae Nachos! This delicious recipe is bursting with Jamaican flavors and promises to delight any crowd. The combination of spicy jerk meat, zesty homemade salsa and melted cheese creates a harmonious burst of flavor in every crispy bite. These irresistible nachos are perfect for lively gatherings with friends, where laughter fills the room and cocktails flow. From casual game nights to backyard BBQs, Reggae Reggae Nachos are sure to steal the show – a must for all the foodies out there!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- ½ Scotch Bonnet chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- ½ x 295g bottle of Levi Roots Love Apple tomato sauce or tomato sauce with a good dash of Tabasco
- ½ tsp allspice
- 2 x 200g bags of tortilla chips
- 200 g jar of sliced jalapeno chilies
- 2 x 125g balls of mozzarella, torn
- small handful of coriander, chopped
- 230g tub of fresh guacamole
- ½ x 300 ml pot of sour cream
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, then fry the onion and chillies for a few minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce and allspice.
- Allow to bubble for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Take a large ovenproof dish or plate and pile the tortilla chips on top.
- Cover with the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with the sliced jalapeños and mozzarella.
- Place in the oven for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with coriander.
- Serve with guacamole and sour cream on the side.
Equipment and tools
Here are the equipment and tools you need to make reggae reggae nachos:
- frying pan
- tin opener
Please note the following allergen information when preparing Reggae Reggae Nachos:
- This recipe may contain traces of nuts.
- The tortilla chips may contain gluten.
- The sliced jalapeno peppers may contain sulfites.
- The mozzarella may contain milk.
- The fresh guacamole may contain avocado.
- The sour cream may contain milk.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover Reggae Reggae Nachos, here are some storage tips:
- Allow the nachos to cool completely.
- Transfer any remaining nachos to an airtight container.
- Store the nachos in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- To reheat, preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Spread the nachos on a baking sheet and place in the oven until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Enjoy your reheated reggae reggae nachos!
Health Benefits of Reggae Reggae Nachos
In addition to being a delicious and filling snack, Reggae Reggae Nachos also offer a number of health benefits. Let’s take a look at some of the key ingredients and their potential positive effects on your well-being:
Olive oil used to cook the onions is rich in monounsaturated fats, which are considered heart-healthy. It may help lower LDL cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Red onions contain antioxidants such as quercetin, which have anti-inflammatory properties. They also provide fiber and are low in calories, making them a healthy addition to nachos.
Scotch Bonnet Chili
The spicy kick of Scotch Bonnet chili can boost metabolism and promote weight loss. It also contains capsaicin, a compound that may have pain-relieving properties and promote overall blood circulation.
Tomatoes are packed with essential vitamins, including vitamin C and vitamin A, which support a strong immune system and promote healthy skin. They are also a good source of lycopene, an antioxidant that may help reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Allspice, a key ingredient in Levi Roots Love Apple Tomato Sauce, contains antioxidants and is traditionally used to aid digestion and relieve gastrointestinal distress.
While tortilla chips should be enjoyed in moderation due to their high calorie and sodium content, they can be part of a balanced diet. If possible, opt for whole-wheat tortilla chips as they provide more fiber and important nutrients.
When consumed in moderation, jalapeno chilies can provide a source of vitamin C and temporarily boost metabolism due to their capsaicin content. They also add a flavorful touch to the dish.
Although mozzarella is high in calories and saturated fat, it offers a good amount of calcium and protein. Calcium is essential for maintaining strong bones and teeth, while protein helps build and repair tissue.
Cilantro, also known as cilantro, is rich in antioxidants and may have natural antimicrobial properties. It is a good source of vitamins A, C and K as well as potassium and fiber.
Guacamole, made from fresh avocados, provides heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, fiber, and various vitamins and minerals. Avocados are also known to support healthy cholesterol levels.
Although sour cream is high in calories and fat, it can be enjoyed in moderation. It adds a creamy texture to nachos but should be consumed sparingly due to its potential effects on weight management and cardiovascular health.
By combining these healthy ingredients, Reggae Reggae Nachos provide a delicious and nutritious snack option. Remember to enjoy them in moderation as part of a balanced diet.