Introducing the tantalizing Red Flannel Hash, the perfect solution to transform a humble side dish of beets into a satisfying main dish or delicious brunch option. This sensational recipe guarantees an explosion of flavors and colors that will awaken your taste buds. With hearty and nutritious ingredients including tender beets, crispy potatoes and aromatic herbs, this delicious dish will leave you feeling completely satisfied and nourished. Experience the joy of transforming leftovers into a great culinary creation with our easy-to-follow recipe. Prepare for a healthy meal that will impress both your taste buds and your loved ones!
- 800g boiled potatoes
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 140g corned beef, shredded
- 3 cooked beets
- Horseradish sauce for serving
- Break up the potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan.
- Add potatoes and corned beef to pan.
- Boil the potatoes and toss them with a slice of fish until crispy.
- After about 10 minutes, when the potatoes are crispy all over, stir in the beetroot.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat and form the potatoes into a cake.
- Allow the cake to brown on the bottom.
- Invert the cake onto a plate and then place it back in the pan to brown the other side.
- Serve the Red Flannel Hash straight from the pan.
- Alternatively, turn it out onto a board and cut into wedges.
- Serve the Red Flannel Hash with horseradish sauce.
Equipment and tools
To make Red Flannel Hash you will need the following equipment and tools:
- A large pot for cooking the potatoes
- A sharp knife for chopping the cooked beets
- A grater or food processor to shred the corned beef
- A skillet or skillet for cooking the hash
This Red Flannel Hash recipe contains the following allergens:
- Beef (corned beef)
If you have known allergies or dietary restrictions, please exercise caution and ensure the ingredients used are appropriate for your needs.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover Red Flannel Hash, follow these storage guidelines:
- Allow the dish to cool completely before storing.
- Transfer the leftovers to an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, you can either heat the hash in the microwave or warm it in a skillet over medium heat until heated through.
Please note that the consistency and taste of the dish may change slightly after reheating.
Health Benefits of Red Flannel Hash
Red flannel hash is not only a delicious and hearty dish but also offers various health benefits due to its nutrient-rich ingredients. Let’s take a closer look at some of the health benefits you can enjoy when you enjoy this tasty dish.
1. Nutrient-rich potatoes
With 800g of boiled potatoes as one of the main ingredients in Red Flannel Hash, you can expect to benefit from their nutritional value. Potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C, potassium and fiber. Vitamin C supports a healthy immune system, potassium helps regulate blood pressure, and fiber promotes digestive health.
2. Lean protein from corned beef
The addition of 140g of shredded corned beef ensures a good amount of lean protein in the Red Flannel Hash. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue, supporting muscle growth, and maintaining a healthy metabolism. Choosing lean cuts of beef can also contribute to a balanced diet.
3. Heart-Healthy Beets
Weighing about 3g, cooked beetroot gives this dish a vibrant color and a range of health benefits. Beetroot is rich in antioxidants, fiber and essential nutrients such as folic acid and manganese. These antioxidants help reduce inflammation, support brain health and may reduce the risk of heart disease.
4. Horseradish sauce for flavor and more
Horseradish sauce is often served as a condiment to red flannel hash, adding a spicy touch to the dish. In addition to improving the taste, horseradish also offers certain health benefits. It contains compounds with potential antibacterial and antifungal properties that help strengthen the immune system and promote a healthy gut.
Overall, Red Flannel Hash contains ingredients that provide a combination of vitamins, minerals, lean protein, and antioxidants. Not only is this dish a delicious way to enjoy a hearty meal, but it also provides nutrients that can contribute to your overall well-being.