Treat yourself to the ultimate treat with our recipe for real vanilla ice cream. This super creamy treat is prepared to perfection and is sure to satisfy your sweet cravings. Enjoy it in its purest form as it pampers your palate with its velvety texture. Alternatively, you can customize your creation by adding different flavors to suit every taste, creating a whole new dimension of deliciousness. Whether you prefer a classic vanilla experience or want a unique twist, our versatile recipe offers endless possibilities. Let yourself be enchanted by the rich, delicious taste of our homemade vanilla ice cream.
- 500 ml whole milk
- 300 ml pot of double cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 5 large egg yolks (freeze the egg whites the next time you want to make meringue)
- 140g golden powdered sugar
Berry ripple ice cream
Make the ice cream and freeze until thick but spoonable. Add 400g mixed berries
Heat in a pan with 200 g of golden powdered sugar,
a splash of water and a squeeze of lemon. Bring to a boil and cook until fruit is soft but not jammy. Allow to cool slightly. Beat into a puree and mash
through a sieve. Allow to cool completely. Pour the puree over it
semi-frozen ice cream in the shape of a figure eight. Take a spatula and draw 2-3 figures of eight through it
Mixture to create wavy colors. Freeze until solid.Salted peanut praline
Prepare and freeze vanilla ice cream
until very thick and just spoonable.
In the meantime, melt 150 g of gold shaker
Heat sugar in a pan over medium heat
until a golden brown caramel is formed – tilt
pan so that the caramelization remains even.
Once ready, add 60g chopped
Add salted peanuts and pour over everything
a baking tray on a wooden board.
Allow to cool completely, then mash
in pieces. Stir the ice cream
and freeze until solid.Rich chocolate ice cream
Melt 200 g of high-quality dark chocolate
and let cool slightly. Make the ice cream
Add using the vanilla method
1 tbsp cocoa powder and the melted
Add chocolate to egg-sugar mixture
before pouring in the hot milk. Emigration
and freeze according to the main recipe.How to freeze egg whites
Don’t let the excess protein go to waste – ours practical guide shows you how to store them safely and includes recipe ideas for using them.
- Pour milk and cream into a saucepan.
- Cut the vanilla bean lengthwise with a small, sharp knife and scoop as many of the small black seeds into the milk mixture as possible. Also add the pod to the pan.
- Heat the whole thing over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until it almost boils – you can see a few bubbles around the edge.
- Remove from the heat and let rest for 30 minutes so that the vanilla can infuse.
- Mix egg yolks and sugar in a bowl.
- Gradually pour the milk over the egg mixture, stirring constantly until well combined.
- Pour everything back into the cleaned pan, return to low heat and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 8-10 minutes, until the custard is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon. Make sure it doesn’t boil or you’ll end up with scrambled eggs.
- Pour the custard through a fine sieve into a bowl, then place it in a larger bowl filled one-third full with ice and water to cool. Keep stirring occasionally to prevent a skin from forming.
- Make sure the cream is completely cold and place cling film directly on the surface of the custard to prevent a skin from forming.
- Pour the vanilla pudding into an ice cream maker.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions until frozen, then transfer to a freezer-safe metal or plastic container.
- Cover and freeze until solid.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, pour the custard into the container and freeze.
- Remove the mixture from the freezer every 2-3 hours and stir.
- Once soft, beat well with electric mixers and then freeze until solid.
- It can be stored in the freezer for 3 months.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving to allow it to become soft enough to spoon.
Equipment and tools
- Ice cream maker
- frying pan
- baking tray
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- egg yolk
- Peanuts (optional)
- Chocolate (optional)
Storage and leftovers
To store leftover vanilla ice cream, place it in an airtight container and place it in the freezer. It can be stored for up to 2 weeks.
The health benefits of real vanilla ice cream
Real vanilla ice cream, made in-house from high-quality ingredients, offers several health benefits. Although it is still a dessert and should be consumed in moderation, it can provide some nutritional value when enjoyed as part of a balanced diet.
1. Nutrient-rich ingredients
The recipe for real vanilla ice cream consists of whole milk and cream. These ingredients are excellent sources of essential nutrients such as calcium, protein, and vitamins A and D. Calcium is crucial for healthy bones and teeth, while protein supports muscle growth and repair. Vitamins A and D play a role in maintaining healthy vision, skin and immune function.
2. Natural antioxidants
Vanilla, the main ingredient in real vanilla ice cream, contains numerous antioxidants that can help protect the body from damage caused by harmful free radicals. These antioxidants are associated with reducing inflammation and may contribute to cardiovascular health.
3. Controlled sugar levels
The amount of sugar in real vanilla ice cream can be controlled by adjusting the amount of golden powdered sugar used in the recipe. Compared to store-bought options, homemade ice cream can reduce the sugar content, making it a healthier option for those watching their sugar consumption. Additionally, the slow digestion of homemade ice cream due to its fat content can result in a slower release of sugar into the bloodstream, preventing a rapid rise in blood sugar levels.
4. Satisfying and indulgent dessert
In addition to the potential nutritional benefits, real vanilla ice cream can also provide psychological satisfaction when consumed in moderation. The creamy texture and natural vanilla flavor can be deeply satisfying, making it a delicious treat for special occasions and moments of indulgence.
All in all, real vanilla ice cream is not a healthy food, but if made from high-quality ingredients and consumed mindfully, it can provide some nutritional value and be part of a balanced, enjoyable diet.