Discover the ultimate guilt-free indulgence with our recipe for real chicken nuggets with smoky BBQ sauce. These delicious nuggets are oven baked and offer a healthier alternative without compromising on taste or texture. Our secret ingredient provides a delicious crunch that will leave you wanting more. Perfect for a family dinner. Serve these delicious nuggets with a side of homemade relish and add a touch of flavor to every bite. Enjoy a filling, healthy meal that will have your loved ones craving seconds.
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into pieces or fingers
- 25g fresh breadcrumbs
- 25g lightly crushed Weetabix
- Fries or salad to serve
- 25g light muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika powder
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7.
- For the BBQ sauce, put all the ingredients in a pot with 6 tablespoons of water and let it boil down for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the mayonnaise in a bowl with the chicken and stir well until coated.
- Mix the crumbs and Weetabix with some spices.
- Transfer the mixture to a plate and coat the chicken with the crumbs.
- Spread the chicken pieces on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes until soft but still juicy.
- Serve the chicken nuggets with the BBQ sauce and either fries or salad.
Equipment and tools
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Sharp knife
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- milk (mayonnaise)
- Wheat (breadcrumbs, Weetabix)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat the nuggets, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Health Benefits of Real Chicken Nuggets with Smoky BBQ Sauce
Real chicken nuggets with smoky BBQ sauce are not only delicious but also have several health benefits. This article will discuss the nutritional benefits of this dish, focusing on the main ingredients used in the recipe. Let’s explore the healthy properties of these homemade chicken nuggets and their accompanying smoky BBQ sauce.
1. Chicken breast
Using skinless chicken breasts in this recipe provides a lean source of protein. Chicken breast is low in saturated fat and contains essential amino acids necessary for muscle repair and growth. Protein is also known to promote satiety, keeping you feeling full for longer, which can be helpful in weight management.
2. Breadcrumbs and Weetabix
The inclusion of fresh breadcrumbs and lightly crushed Weetabix in the shell of the chicken nuggets ensures a crispy texture. Although these ingredients contribute to the overall flavor and texture, it is important to note that they are high in carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are a primary source of energy for the body and provide fuel for daily activities.
3. Smoky BBQ sauce
The smoky BBQ sauce enhances the flavor of the chicken nuggets and gives the dish a spicy note. Although the sauce contains a small amount of sugar, it can still be enjoyed in moderation. The main ingredients of the sauce provide some health benefits:
- Muscovado sugar: Light muscovado sugar, used in moderation, can add a touch of sweetness to the sauce. However, it is important to limit sugar consumption as much as possible as excessive consumption can lead to various health problems.
- Wine vinegar: Wine vinegar is a form of vinegar made from fermented wine. It contains acetic acid, which has been linked to potential health benefits such as improved digestion and blood sugar control.
- Tomato ketchup: Tomato ketchup, a popular condiment, offers some nutritional value due to its tomato content. Tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamins A and C, as well as antioxidants, which can help support a healthy immune system.
- Worcester sauce: Worcestershire sauce is a savory condiment made from fermented vinegar, molasses, and various spices. This sauce adds to the umami flavor of the BBQ sauce and improves the overall flavor of the dish.
- Smoked Paprika: Smoked paprika gives the sauce a smoky and slightly spicy note. Peppers contain vitamins and minerals such as vitamin E, vitamin A and potassium.
Remember: Moderation is key when enjoying sauces and condiments that contain sugar or other potentially unhealthy ingredients. Pairing the nuggets and BBQ sauce with a side of chips or a fresh salad can provide additional nutrients and balance the meal.
Real chicken nuggets with smoky BBQ sauce can be a healthier alternative to store-bought options because it allows you to control the quality of the ingredients used. By making this dish at home, you can enjoy a tasty meal while keeping your health and well-being a priority.