Treat yourself to the delicious flavors of our Raspberry Banana Ginger Crunch! This dessert is not only incredibly delicious, but also incredibly easy to make. With just a few simple steps, even small children can make this treat confidently and with minimal supervision. The combination of ripe raspberries and sweet bananas adds a touch of freshness, while the ginger crunch adds a delicious crunch and a touch of warmth. This recipe is sure to be popular with both kids and adults and is perfect for any occasion or just when you’re in the mood for a quick and delicious dessert.
- 5 bananas
- 350g frozen or fresh raspberries
- 250g ginger biscuits
- 140g Demerara sugar
- 140g butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Cut the bananas into thick slices in a wide, shallow bowl (a round bowl 20cm in diameter works well).
- Scatter the raspberries on top.
- Place the cookies in a sturdy bowl or old pot and smash them with the tip of a rolling pin until they break down into crumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and then the butter, making sure all the crumbs are well coated.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the fruit.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until just starting to color.
- Let it rest for at least 10 minutes so that the topping becomes crispy.
- You can also cook it right before the main course and leave it in a warm place to wait until you are ready.
- Serve with cream or vanilla sauce.
Equipment and tools
To make this Raspberry Banana Ginger Crunch recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- mixing bowl
- measuring cup
- measuring spoon
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- Baking dish or cake pan
- cutting board
This Raspberry Banana Ginger Crunch recipe contains the following allergens:
- Gluten (from ginger biscuits)
- Dairy products (from butter)
Please be aware of these allergens if you or your guests have dietary restrictions or allergies.
Storage and leftovers
If you have any leftover of this Raspberry Banana Ginger Crunch, you can store it properly to enjoy later. Here are some tips:
- Allow the dessert to cool completely before storing.
- Transfer the leftovers to an airtight container.
- Store the dessert in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To serve again, enjoy the leftovers cold or reheat in the oven for a few minutes until warmed through.
Health Benefits of Raspberry Banana Ginger Crunch
If you are looking for a delicious and healthy treat, the Raspberry Banana Ginger Crunch is for you. This delicious dessert is not only full of flavor but also offers several health benefits due to its nutritious ingredients. Let’s explore the fantastic health benefits of this delicious dessert:
With five whole bananas in the recipe, this dessert delivers a significant dose of essential vitamins and minerals. Bananas are an excellent source of potassium, which plays a crucial role in maintaining heart health and regulating blood pressure. In addition, they are rich in fiber, promote healthy digestion and help with weight control. Bananas also contain vitamin C, vitamin B6 and manganese, all of which support overall well-being.
Adding 350g of frozen or fresh raspberries provides a bold flavor and numerous health benefits. Raspberries are known for their high levels of antioxidants, particularly anthocyanins, which give them their bright red color. These antioxidants help protect the body from harmful free radicals and reduce the risk of chronic diseases. Raspberries also provide important fiber, vitamins C and K and manganese.
3. Ginger Nut Cookies
The recipe calls for 250g of ginger biscuits, which not only add a delicious crunch but also offer some potential health benefits. Ginger has long been used for its medicinal properties and is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. It can help relieve nausea, relieve muscle pain, and aid digestion. However, keep in mind that the cookies are also high in sugar and fat, so moderation is key.
4. Demerara sugar
Demerara sugar, used in moderation at 140g, gives the dessert a touch of sweetness. Although it provides energy, it is important to note that excessive sugar consumption can have negative health effects. Therefore, it is recommended to consume this dessert in moderation and watch your overall sugar intake.
Although butter contains high levels of saturated fat, the recipe calls for a modest amount of melted butter (140g) to enhance the flavor and texture. Remember that excessive consumption of saturated fat can lead to heart disease. It is advisable to choose moderation and consider healthier alternatives when possible.