Pamper your taste buds with our delicious raspberry and pine nut bars – a perfect mix of tangy raspberries and crunchy pine nuts. This delicious recipe combines the freshness of juicy seasonal fruits for a truly invigorating taste experience. The buttery crust pairs beautifully with the bright raspberries, providing a balanced texture in every bite. Whether you enjoy them as a sweet treat or as a delicious on-the-go snack, these bars will brighten your day with their fruity flavor. Treat yourself and enjoy the essence of summer with these irresistible raspberry and pine nut bars.
- 200g plain flour
- 200g porridge
- 250g pack of butter, room temperature, cut into small pieces
- 175g light muscovado sugar
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 100g pack of pine nuts
- 2 baskets of raspberries (total weight 250g/9oz)
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C fan/190 °C top/bottom heat/Gas 5.
- Butter a 23cm diameter shallow square tin.
- Place flour, oats and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Using your fingers, work the mixture into coarse crumbs.
- Mix in the sugar, lemon zest and three quarters of the pine nuts with your hands.
- Squeeze the mixture well to form large, sticky clumps.
- Place about two-thirds of the oat mixture in the bottom of the can.
- Spread it out and press it very lightly – don’t press it too hard.
- Scatter the raspberries on top.
- Sprinkle the rest of the oat mixture over the raspberries.
- Scatter the remaining pine nuts on top.
- Press everything down lightly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top is light golden.
- While still warm, cut into 12 bars with a sharp knife.
- Allow to cool in the tin before removing.
- Lasts 2-3 days.
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- dough cutter or fork
- 13×9 inch baking dish
- baking paper
- Sharp knife
- Cooling rack
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Gluten (from flour and oats)
- Dairy products (from butter)
- Nuts (from pine nuts)
Please take necessary precautions if you or anyone consuming this recipe has allergies or dietary restrictions.
Storage and leftovers
Once cooled, store the raspberry and pine nut bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Alternatively, you can store them in the fridge for a longer shelf life, up to 1 week.
If you have leftovers, you can freeze them for later enjoyment. Wrap individual bars in plastic wrap or place in freezer bags. They will last up to 2 months in the freezer. Thaw them in the refrigerator overnight before eating.
Health Benefits of Raspberry and Pine Nut Bars
Raspberry and pine nut bars are a delicious and nutritious treat that you can enjoy guilt-free. Packed with healthy ingredients, these bars offer numerous health benefits you’ll love. Let’s take a closer look at why these bars are so good for you.
1. Rich in antioxidants
Raspberries are a rich source of antioxidants, compounds that protect your cells from damage caused by harmful free radicals. These free radicals can contribute to chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer. By incorporating raspberries into your diet, you can increase your antioxidant intake and promote overall health.
2. Excellent source of fiber
Both raspberries and oats used in this recipe are high in fiber. Fiber is essential for maintaining a healthy digestive system and preventing constipation. A high-fiber diet can also help control blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol, and aid in weight management. The fiber content of these bars will keep you feeling fuller for longer and reduce the temptation to eat unhealthy foods.
3. Healthy fats from pine nuts
Pine nuts, a key ingredient in these bars, are a great source of healthy fats. These unsaturated fats help improve heart health and reduce the risk of heart disease. In addition, they provide essential fatty acids that support brain function and contribute to healthy skin and hair.
4. Nutrient rich
These raspberry and pine nut bars are packed with essential nutrients. Raspberries are rich in vitamin C, manganese and vitamin K. These vitamins and minerals play an important role in supporting a healthy immune system, promoting bone health and protecting against oxidative stress.
Oats, on the other hand, are a great source of manganese, phosphorus, magnesium and vitamin B1. These nutrients are involved in energy production, regulating blood sugar levels, and maintaining healthy bones and teeth.
5. Versatile and practical
These bars are not only nutritious but also incredibly convenient. They’re perfect as a grab-and-go breakfast option or as a quick snack during the day. You can also enjoy them as a healthier dessert alternative, satisfying your sweet tooth without compromising your health goals.
It’s clear that these raspberry and pine nut bars offer a variety of health benefits. From their antioxidant-rich nature to their high fiber content and nutrient-dense ingredients, these bars are a fantastic addition to any diet. So why not enjoy these delicious treats while taking care of your health?