This Quick Spring Noodles recipe is the ideal choice for an impromptu al fresco meal to enjoy on your patio. What makes it even better is that it can be made with ingredients already in your pantry cupboards. Delightfully quick and easy to prepare, this dish captures the essence of spring with its fresh and vibrant flavors. Get ready for a delicious pasta recipe that perfectly complements the cheerful atmosphere of the season.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g canned tomatoes
- a handful of basil leaves, chopped
- 400g spaghetti
- 290 g artichoke hearts from the jar, cut into bite-sized pieces
- a handful of freshly grated Parmesan
- a handful of parsley, chopped
Artichokes are a good source of vitamin K
and folic acid – both important for maintenance
healthy blood pressure. They are natural
bitter, which stimulates the flow of bile
the liver and helps digest fat.artichokes
To add extra flavor to this dish, look for jars of grilled artichokes. Try Sainsbury’s Taste the
Difference grilled artichokes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot.
- Add the garlic and cook until lightly colored, 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and then stir in the basil.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti, reserving some of the cooking water separately and returning it to the pan.
- Toss the artichokes in the tomato sauce until heated through, then pour over the spaghetti.
- Stir in some Parmesan, most of the chopped parsley and a splash of cooking water if the sauce looks dry.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and parsley.
Equipment and tools
To prepare this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- cutting board
- A garlic press
- Big pot
- wooden spoon
This quick spring pasta recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (Parmesan)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can be enjoyed within 2-3 days. However, keep in mind that pasta tends to lose its consistency when reheated. We therefore recommend consuming them as fresh as possible.
Health Benefits of “Quick Spring Noodles”
The “Quick Spring Noodles” recipe not only tastes delicious, but also offers some health benefits. One of the main ingredients, artichokes, provides numerous valuable nutrients that promote general well-being:
- Vitamin K: Artichokes are a good source of vitamin K, a fat-soluble vitamin that plays a crucial role in blood clotting. Adequate intake of vitamin K helps maintain healthy blood pressure.
- Folate: Another essential nutrient in artichokes is folate, which is necessary for the production of DNA, red blood cells, and proper cell division. Adequate folate intake supports general health.
- Promotes digestion: Artichokes have a natural bitterness that stimulates the flow of bile from the liver. This bile supports fat digestion, ensures efficient nutrient absorption and prevents digestive problems.
If you want to enhance the flavor of the Quick Spring Pasta recipe, consider using grilled artichokes. Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Grilled Artichokes are an excellent option to add a smoky and savory flavor to your dish.