Invite your friends and prepare this quick and delicious lamb biryani for a popular dish. This simple recipe is perfect for a casual get-together at home. With aromatic flavors of Indian spices in tender lamb meat and fragrant basmati rice, this biryani is sure to impress your friends.
For a complete Indian feast, combine the biryani with a selection of our delicious Indian side dishes. From silky smooth butter chicken to crispy pakoras and creamy raita, these complementary dishes will take your party to a whole new level. So gather your friends, put on your apron and enjoy a fantastic evening of delicious food and great company!
- 1 tbsp Balti curry paste
- 500 g lean lamb leg steak or neck fillet, diced
- 200 g basmati rice, rinsed in cold water
- 400 ml lamb or chicken stock
- 200g spinach
1. Heat a large pan.
2. Fry the curry paste until fragrant.
3. Add the lamb to the pan.
4. Brown the lamb on all sides.
5. Pour in the rice and broth.
6. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
7. Bring the mixture to a boil.
8. Cover the pan with a lid.
9. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes until the rice is tender.
10. Stir in the spinach to incorporate it into the dish.
11. Place the lid back on the pan.
12. Allow the biryani to steam undisturbed for 5 minutes.
13. Serve the quick lamb biryani hot and enjoy!
Equipment and tools
To make Quick Lamb Biryani you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Large frying pan
- Medium sized pot
- Mixing spoon or spatula
- measuring spoon
- measuring cup
The quick lamb biryani recipe may contain the following allergens:
- Curry paste (may contain allergens such as mustard, gluten, etc.)
- Lamb leg steak or neck fillet (may cause allergies in people sensitive to lamb)
- Lamb or chicken broth (may contain allergens such as celery, gluten, etc.)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover Quick Lamb Biryani, make sure it is stored and handled properly. Here are some guidelines:
- Allow the biryani to cool to room temperature before storing.
- Transfer the leftovers to an airtight container.
- Place the biryani in the refrigerator within 2 hours of cooking.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Note: Reheat the leftovers thoroughly before eating.
Health Benefits of Quick Lamb Biryani
The Quick Lamb Biryani is not only a delicious and aromatic dish but also offers several health benefits. From its nutrient-dense ingredients to its balanced flavors, this recipe is a great addition to a healthy diet.
Balti curry paste
The use of Balti curry paste gives Quick Lamb Biryani its distinctive taste. Curry paste is made from a blend of spices such as turmeric, coriander, cumin and chili and adds depth to the dish. These spices are known for their diverse health benefits.
- Turmeric, the main ingredient in curry paste, contains curcumin, a powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Coriander is rich in vitamins A, C and K as well as several minerals such as potassium and manganese.
- Cumin is known to aid digestion, promote weight loss, and improve blood cholesterol levels.
- Chili peppers contain capsaicin, which can boost metabolism, reduce appetite, and thus help control weight.
Lean lamb leg steak or neck fillet
The lamb meat used in Quick Lamb Biryani is lean and provides a good source of protein, essential for muscle growth and repair. In addition to protein, lamb is rich in important vitamins and minerals:
- Vitamin B12: Lamb meat is one of the best natural sources of vitamin B12, which is crucial for maintaining a healthy nervous system and red blood cell production.
- Zinc: Lamb is also a good source of zinc, which plays a role in supporting the immune system and promoting wound healing.
- Iron: Lamb meat contains heme iron, which is easily absorbed by the body and helps prevent iron deficiency and anemia.
Basmati rice is a fragrant long-grain rice commonly used in Indian cuisine. Compared to regular white rice, it offers several health benefits:
- Low in fat: Basmati rice is naturally low in fat and cholesterol, making it a heart-healthy choice.
- Rich in Carbohydrates: Basmati rice is a great source of carbohydrates and provides energy for the body and brain.
- Contains fiber: Basmati rice contains soluble fiber, which aids in digestion, helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels, and promotes satiety.
- Gluten-free: This type of rice is naturally gluten-free and is therefore suitable for people with gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
Lamb or chicken broth
For Quick Lamb Biryani you need lamb or chicken broth as the cooking liquid. Broth adds richness and enhances flavor, bringing out the best in each ingredient. It also provides additional nutrients including collagen, gelatin and minerals.
The addition of spinach to Quick Lamb Biryani gives the dish a nutritious and vibrant touch. Spinach is known for its exceptional health benefits:
- Vitamins and Minerals: Spinach is a good source of vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as minerals such as iron and calcium.
- Antioxidants: Spinach contains various antioxidants that protect the body from free radicals, thereby reducing the risk of chronic diseases.
- Fiber: Spinach is rich in fiber, aids digestion, aids weight management, and promotes heart health.