Looking for a quick and tasty meal? Then our “Speedy Beef Tacos” recipe is just right for you. This recipe uses the leftover sauce from our popular Spaghetti Bolognese with Salami and Basil recipe to give you a flavorful twist on taco night. Using the same sauce saves you time without compromising on taste. Satisfy your taco cravings with tender beef, perfectly paired with your favorite taco toppings. Because the sauce can be conveniently reused, these beef tacos are the ultimate weeknight dinner solution. Get ready for a quick and filling meal!
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp sugar
- 100 ml apple cider vinegar
- 400 g canned black beans or kidney beans, drained
- 3 tbsp chili sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 small lettuce, grated
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into pieces
- 150 g sour cream
- Quickly pickle the onion: put it in a bowl and sprinkle with sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Let the onion marinate for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the apple cider vinegar and let the onion marinate for another 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, stir the beans and chili sauce into the Bolognese.
- Heat the bolognese mixture until piping hot, 10-15 minutes.
- If the mixture seems too thick, add a little water.
- Heat the corn tortillas according to package directions.
- Top the tortillas with a spoonful of the bolognese mixture.
- Add some pickled onions, lettuce and avocado.
- Finish with a dollop of sour cream.
Equipment and tools
To make quick beef tacos you will need the following equipment and tools:
- cutting board
- frying pan
- wooden spoon
- measuring spoon
- measuring cup
- tin opener
- Serving plate
The quick beef tacos recipe may contain the following allergens:
- Wheat (in corn tortillas)
- Dairy products (in sour cream)
Please be sure to check your ingredient labels if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies.
Storage and leftovers
If you have any quick beef tacos or leftover ingredients, follow these storage guidelines:
- Leftover tacos can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Store the sliced red onions separately in an airtight container in the refrigerator to preserve their freshness.
- The black beans or kidney beans should be stored in a container with a lid in the refrigerator. Use within 3 days.
- If you have any sour cream left, pour it into a covered container and store it in the refrigerator. Use within 2 days.
Before eating leftovers, reheat the tacos thoroughly in the microwave or oven until warmed through.
Health Benefits of Speedy Beef Tacos
Quick beef tacos not only delight your taste buds with their delicious flavors but also offer numerous health benefits. This article section explains the nutritional value and benefits of the main ingredients used in this recipe.
Red onions not only add a sweet and tangy flavor to beef tacos but also provide various health benefits. They are a great source of antioxidants, especially flavonoids, which help reduce inflammation and may lower the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain cancers. Additionally, red onions are rich in vitamin C, which boosts the immune system and promotes collagen production for skin health.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar used to pickle the red onion offers a number of health benefits. It is associated with improved digestion, lower blood sugar levels, and increased satiety, making it beneficial for weight management. The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar may also help increase insulin sensitivity and lower cholesterol levels.
Black beans or kidney beans
Both black beans and kidney beans are excellent sources of plant protein, fiber, and various vitamins and minerals. These legumes contribute to heart health by helping to lower cholesterol levels. They also promote digestion, stabilize blood sugar levels and support healthy weight management by providing sustained energy and promoting satiety.
The chili sauce used in these beef tacos contains capsaicin, a compound responsible for the spiciness of chili peppers. Capsaicin has been found to have anti-inflammatory properties and may help relieve pain. It can also boost metabolism, promote weight loss and reduce appetite.
Corn tortillas are a healthier alternative to flour tortillas. They are naturally gluten-free and have a lower calorie and fat content. Corn tortillas also provide fiber, essential for a healthy digestive system, and contain beneficial antioxidants. Choosing corn tortillas can support weight management and overall heart health.
Little Gem salad
As a taco topping, Little Gem Salad adds a refreshing crunch and adds to the nutritional value of the dish. Salad is low in calories and high in water content, making it a good choice for weight control and hydration. It is also rich in vitamins A and K, which are essential for maintaining healthy eyes, bones and immune function.
Avocado is a nutrient-dense fruit that offers numerous health benefits. It is an excellent source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, which may help lower bad cholesterol levels. Avocado also provides a good amount of fiber, vitamins K and C, potassium and folic acid. These nutrients support brain function, promote healthy digestion and contribute to overall well-being.
Sour cream, even when consumed in moderation, can have some nutritional benefits. It contains calcium, essential for strong bones and teeth, and provides small amounts of vitamins A and D. However, due to its high fat content, it is advisable to choose low-fat or light options if you are concerned about calorie intake.
By incorporating these healthy ingredients into your quick beef tacos, you can enjoy a delicious meal while fueling your body with essential nutrients and promoting overall wellness.