This quiche not only looks great, it also really tastes like summer with its fresh and colorful vegetables. Each bite is bursting with vibrant flavors from a mix of garden vegetables, generously combined with tangy goat cheese. The flaky crust gives the creamy filling a deliciously crunchy texture. Whether served warm or at room temperature, this quiche is the perfect addition to any brunch or picnic spread. It’s a wonderful way to enjoy the rich flavors of the season while impressing your guests with a visually appealing and delicious dish.
- 1 deep, blind-baked dough pan (24 cm).
- 40g butter
- 85g zucchini (baby or regular), cut diagonally
- 85g runner beans, lined up, halved lengthways and sliced
- 85g fresh or frozen peas
- 3 continental salad onions, stems chopped and onions quartered
- 300 ml milk
- 25g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 110g full-fat soft goat cheese, sliced
- 3 small vine tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C fan/190 °C top/bottom heat/Gas 5.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan and cook the green vegetables and onions, stirring, until softened, 5 minutes.
- Add the milk and flour to the pan and stir over the heat until a smooth sauce forms.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes, stirring to prevent a skin from forming.
- Beat the eggs into the sauce and season generously.
- Pour into the dough base and sprinkle with goat cheese and tomatoes.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the filling is set and golden brown.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before removing it from the can.
- Serve with a green salad.
Equipment and tools
- 24 cm deep dough shell, blind baked
- frying pan
- baking pan
This Garden Vegetable Goat Cheese Quiche may contain the following allergens:
- Gluten (in the dough coating)
- Goat cheese
Storage and leftovers
Store leftover Garden Vegetable Goat Cheese Quiche in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It can be enjoyed cold or warmed up in the oven or microwave.
Health Benefits of Garden Vegetable and Goat Cheese Quiche
Quiche is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Packed with garden vegetables and creamy goat cheese, this Garden Vegetable Goat Cheese Quiche not only pleases the taste buds, but also offers several health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at the nutritional value of this delicious quiche:
1. Rich in essential vitamins and minerals
The combination of zucchini, runner beans, peas, salad onions and tomatoes ensures a diverse supply of vital vitamins and minerals. Zucchini is a good source of vitamin A and potassium, while runner beans are rich in vitamin C and fiber. Peas are rich in vitamin K and folic acid and tomatoes are known for their high content of vitamin C and lycopene.
2. Rich in fiber
With ingredients like zucchini, runner beans and peas, this quiche is a good source of fiber. Fiber plays a crucial role in maintaining a healthy digestive system by promoting regular bowel movements and preventing constipation. Additionally, a diet high in fiber can help control blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol, and contribute to weight control.
3. Provides plant-based protein
Goat cheese is an excellent source of protein, making this quiche a suitable option for vegetarians looking to meet their protein needs. Protein is important for numerous body functions, including building and repairing tissue, supporting immune health, and maintaining healthy skin, hair, and nails.
4. Supports bone health
The combination of milk, eggs and goat cheese provides a good amount of calcium, which is essential for maintaining strong and healthy bones. Calcium plays a crucial role in preventing osteoporosis, a condition characterized by weak and brittle bones, especially in postmenopausal women.
5. Antioxidant-rich ingredients
Tomatoes, peas and salad onions are all rich in antioxidants, which protect the body from harmful free radicals. Antioxidants have been linked to a reduced risk of chronic diseases, including heart disease, certain cancers and neurodegenerative diseases.
Overall, this Garden Vegetable and Goat Cheese Quiche offers a delicious and nutritious way to incorporate a variety of garden vegetables into your diet. With its rich offering of vitamins, minerals, fiber and proteins, this quiche offers numerous health benefits that contribute to overall well-being.