Introducing our irresistible Melty Cheese Fondue Pot! Transport yourself to cheese lover heaven with this delicious cheese treat. Made from a selection of the finest Brie and Camembert cheeses, this gooey dip is a cheese board dream come true.
Dive into a pot full of melting deliciousness and experience pure pleasure with every bite. It’s the perfect appetizer to share with friends and family and guarantees a truly delicious dining experience. Get ready for the ultimate cheese extravaganza with our Melty Cheese Fondue Pot!
- 200 g Brie, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 100g cream cheese (no light versions)
- 100g Gruyère, peeled, grated
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- 2 Table spoons of milk
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- a few sprigs of thyme, leaves picked off and roughly chopped
- 100g caramelized onion chutneys
- crusty bread for serving
- Place the brie, cream cheese, Gruyère, half of the Parmesan, the milk and the cornstarch in a food processor.
- Puree until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Stir in the thyme and some black pepper.
- Pour the chutney into an ovenproof baking dish (ours was 15cm round) and spread it over the base.
- Top with the cheese mixture and spread so that the chutney is covered.
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan on top.
- Can now be refrigerated covered with cling film for up to 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan/gas 3.
- Place the baking dish on a baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes until bubbles form.
- Turn grill to medium-high and grill for 2-3 minutes, until top is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving with crusty bread for dunking.
Equipment and tools
- Processed cheese fondue pot
- Knife for chopping
- measuring spoon
- measuring cup
- mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon for stirring
- Serving plates and bowls
- Bread knife for cutting crusty bread
This recipe for processed cheese fondue pot contains the following allergens:
Please exercise caution if you have allergies or dietary restrictions related to these ingredients.
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers from the processed cheese fondue pot, you can store them as follows:
- Transfer the leftover fondue to an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- To warm up, put the fondue in a pot.
- Heat gently over low heat, stirring occasionally, until warmed through.
- Do not freeze the leftovers, otherwise the consistency could be affected.
Health Benefits of Melty Cheese Fondue Pot
If you are a cheese fan and are looking for a delicious treat, then a melted cheese fondue pot is the perfect choice. Not only is it a popular dish for social gatherings, but it also offers several health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients of this delicious dish and discover the nutritional benefits it offers.
Brie cheese, a soft and creamy cheese, serves as the main ingredient in a melted cheese fondue pot. Although it is often considered high in fat, it also offers nutritional benefits. Brie is a rich source of essential vitamins, including vitamin B12, which is crucial for maintaining nerve health and red blood cell production. In addition, it contains vitamin A, which supports healthy vision and strengthens the immune system.
The addition of cream cheese not only improves the texture of the fondue, but also gives the dish a creamy and gentle taste. Although cream cheese is not a low-fat option, it provides important nutrients such as calcium, which is necessary for maintaining strong bones and teeth. In addition, it contains proteins that can support muscle growth and repair.
Gruyère cheese, known for its nutty and savory flavor, is another key ingredient in a melted cheese fondue pot. This cheese is an excellent source of protein and calcium and provides the body with the necessary building blocks for various functions. It also contains phosphorus, which is essential for maintaining bone health, as well as magnesium, which contributes to the proper functioning of muscles and nerves.
A pinch of grated Parmesan gives the fondue a distinctive and intense taste. Parmesan cheese or a vegetarian alternative is an excellent choice because it is low in lactose compared to other cheeses. It is also rich in calcium and phosphorus and promotes bone health and proper cell function.
A few sprigs of thyme not only provide a fragrant aroma, but also bring health benefits to the processed cheese fondue pot. Thyme is an herb known for its antioxidant properties, helping to protect the body from potential damage caused by free radicals. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and can aid digestion.
Caramelized onion chutney
Adding caramelized onion chutney to the fondue pot complements the cheese flavors and adds a touch of sweetness. Onions are nutrient dense and a rich source of antioxidants, including quercetin, which may have anti-cancer properties. They also provide fiber, which promotes good digestion and keeps you feeling full and satisfied.
Now that you are aware of the health benefits contained in the ingredients of a melted cheese fondue pot, it’s time to enjoy this delicious treat guilt-free. Remember to enjoy it in moderation and pair it with some crusty bread for a complete and satisfying experience.