Treat yourself to the exquisite flavors of our Truffled Shredded Potatoes recipe. This elegant dish effortlessly combines the humble potato with the opulent essence of truffle oil. Developed for the most beautiful moments and unforgettable special occasions, our recipe is a true culinary delight. The velvety smoothness of truffle oil adds a touch of unparalleled luxury, transforming a simple potato dish into a sublime masterpiece. Every bite is a symphony of flavors, making for an unforgettable dining experience. Brighten up your next celebration with these crushed truffle potatoes and let the allure of truffle oil tantalize your taste buds.
- 400g floury potatoes, cut into large pieces
- 200 ml milk
- 1 sprig of rosemary, plus a few leaves
- ½-1 tsp truffle oil, depending on how much you like the taste
- 4 tbsp cream
- Place the potatoes and milk in a medium saucepan, add water until just covered, season, then bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- A few minutes before the end of cooking, add the rosemary to infuse.
- Drain all but a few tablespoons of the cooking liquid.
- Roughly mash the potatoes and fold in the truffle oil and cream.
- Pour the mixture into a small baking dish.
- Add a few rosemary leaves to decorate.
- Grill under the broiler for a few minutes to color the surface.
- If making it in advance, reheat in the oven at 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 for 15 minutes, until gently bubbling and beginning to turn golden brown.
Equipment and tools
- Big pot
This recipe may contain traces of dairy products. Please check ingredients and labels for known allergens.
Storage and leftovers
Store leftover truffle-mashed potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Heat in the microwave or on the stove until warmed through before serving.
Health Benefits of Truffled Shredded Potatoes
Truffled mashed potatoes not only taste delicious but also offer several health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at the nutritional value of the main ingredients used in this recipe:
1. Floury potatoes
The main ingredient in truffled mashed potatoes is floury potatoes. Potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C, which boosts the immune system and promotes healthy skin. They are also a good source of fiber, which aids digestion and helps maintain a healthy weight. In addition, potatoes provide important minerals such as potassium, which supports heart health and regulates blood pressure.
Adding milk to this recipe adds creaminess and richness to the potatoes. Milk is an important source of calcium, necessary for strong bones and teeth. It also contains vitamins D and B12, which play a crucial role in maintaining healthy nerve function and red blood cell production.
The rosemary sprigs and leaves used in this recipe not only provide a wonderful aroma but also have health benefits. Rosemary is rich in antioxidants that help fight inflammation in the body. It is also known for its potential to improve digestion as well as improve memory and concentration.
4. Truffle oil
The main ingredient in crushed truffle potatoes is truffle oil, which gives the dish a unique flavor. Truffle oil contains compounds with antioxidant properties that may help reduce inflammation and support a healthy immune system. Additionally, truffle oil is low in saturated fat, making it a healthier option compared to other flavor oils.
5. Single cream
Simple cream gives the potatoes a rich and delicious texture. Although high in fat and calories, it can be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Cream contains essential fatty acids that provide energy and support brain function.
Enjoyed in moderation and made with these ingredients, shredded truffle potatoes can be a delicious and nutritious addition to your meals.