Enjoy the delicious flavors of our Pork Stroganoff, perfect for a relaxing evening with friends or family. With its delicious combination of tender pork, spicy Dijon mustard and plenty of mushrooms, this dish promises to tantalize your taste buds with its irresistible zing. Whether you’re hosting an intimate gathering or just looking for a comforting meal, our Pork Stroganoff is sure to impress. Enjoy the rich, creamy sauce and savory blend of ingredients in every delicious bite. Let this recipe enchant you and take your dinner party to a new level of culinary delight!
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 500 g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 400g pork fillet, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 onions, cut into half moons
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika powder
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 200 ml pork or chicken broth
- 284 ml or 300 ml sour cream
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- cooked rice, potatoes or tagliatelle to serve
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry half of the mushrooms for a few minutes until the liquid comes out and evaporates.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- Repeat the frying process with the remaining mushrooms and another 2 teaspoons oil.
- Set the cooked mushrooms aside.
- In the same pan, fry the pork in 2 teaspoons oil until browned, 5-8 minutes.
- Set the cooked pork aside.
- Sauté the onions in the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over low to medium heat for 10-12 minutes until they begin to caramelize.
- Add the cooked mushrooms and pork back to the pan along with the caramelized onions.
- Sprinkle paprika over mixture and toss in Dijon mustard.
- Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Pour in the broth and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Mix the ingredients again.
- If desired, remove from heat and allow to cool, then cover and refrigerate.
- Can be refrigerated for three days or frozen for up to three months.
- When ready to serve, thaw the dish completely before bringing it to a simmer.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Cook for about two more minutes to ensure the meat is piping hot.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley over the dish.
- Serve with rice, potatoes or tagliatelle if desired.
Equipment and tools
- cutting board
- Frying pan or frying pan
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- measuring spoon
Please note that this recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (sour cream)
Storage and leftovers
Follow these recommendations to store leftovers of this pork stroganoff:
- Allow the dish to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, gently warm the stroganoff in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Do not freeze the sour cream-based sauce as it may separate when thawed.
Health Benefits of Pork Stroganoff
Health Benefits of Pork Stroganoff
Pork stroganoff is a delicious dish with tender pork tenderloin, mushrooms and a creamy sauce. Although it is a comforting and hearty meal, it also offers several health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at the nutritional value of the main ingredients in this recipe.
Pork tenderloin is a lean cut of meat packed with important nutrients. It is a great source of high-quality protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissue in the body. Protein also helps promote satiety and aids in weight control.
In addition, pork tenderloin contains important vitamins and minerals, including thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6 and selenium. These nutrients contribute to various body functions such as: B. energy production, immune system support and antioxidant activity.
Chestnut mushrooms not only add a rich flavor to pork stroganoff, but they also provide numerous health benefits. They are low in calories and fat, making them an excellent choice for anyone looking to maintain a healthy weight.
These mushrooms are also a good source of fiber, which aids digestion and helps regulate blood sugar levels. In addition, they contain important minerals such as potassium, copper and selenium, which play a crucial role in maintaining optimal health.
Sliced onions not only add sweetness and depth to the stroganoff, but they also provide several health benefits. They are rich in antioxidants, including quercetin, which can help reduce inflammation and fight chronic disease.
Onions also contain prebiotic fiber, which nourishes the beneficial bacteria in the intestines, promoting good digestion. They are also low in calories and rich in vitamin C, making them a nutritious addition to any meal.
Smoked paprika gives the stroganoff a unique smoky flavor and also offers health benefits. This spice is rich in antioxidants, particularly carotenoids, which have been linked to reducing the risk of certain chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
Additionally, smoked paprika contains vitamins A, E, and K, which are important for immune function, cellular health, and blood clotting.
Sour cream, made from fermented cream, can provide probiotics that support a healthy gut microbiome. Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that improve digestion and strengthen the immune system.
However, it is worth noting that sour cream is high in saturated fat and calories. Therefore, moderation is crucial for individuals who are watching their fat intake or trying to control their weight.
Overall, pork stroganoff is a nutrient-dense dish that can be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet. The combination of lean protein, nutrient-dense vegetables, and aromatic spices makes it a filling and nutritious option.
When served with cooked rice, potatoes or tagliatelle, pork stroganoff becomes a complete meal that not only delights the taste buds but also provides essential nutrients for optimal health.