Treat yourself to a guilt-free culinary creation with our delicious polenta pizza with bright purple broccoli. This delicious vegetarian treat features a delicious golden polenta base that adds a unique twist to the traditional format. Decorated with a generous topping of gooey mozzarella cheese, each bite is a delicious burst of cheesy goodness. Complemented by the savory taste of Parmesan, this low-calorie masterpiece also features the addition of sweet peppers for a delicious sweetness. Refine your pizza while remaining light and wholesome. This makes this recipe the first choice for anyone looking for a really filling and healthy meal.
- 400 ml vegetable stock (I used marigold bouillon powder)
- 100g polenta
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g purple sprouted broccoli, ends trimmed
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 125 g ball of low-fat mozzarella, cut into cubes
- 10 red peppers from a jar, halved (I used Peppadew)
- Heat the grill to the highest setting.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the broth to a boil.
- SLOWLY pour in the polenta, stirring constantly.
- Add some salt and 2 tablespoons of parmesan.
- Continue beating until the mixture is thick, about 3 minutes.
- Grease a large baking tray with 1 teaspoon oil.
- Pour the polenta over it and spread it out in a 30cm circle.
- If you have time, let it cool uncovered in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Rinse in cold water and drain well.
- If the stems are thick, cut them in half lengthwise.
- In a small bowl, mix the cherry tomatoes with the garlic and the remaining oil.
- Season well.
- Layer the mozzarella over the polenta.
- Add broccoli, tomatoes, peppers and remaining Parmesan.
- Place under broiler for 3-4 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Equipment and tools
- Vegetable broth
- Grated Parmesan
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Purple sprouting broccoli
- Cherry tomatoes
- clove of garlic
- Low-fat mozzarella
- Red peppers from a jar
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (Parmesan, low-fat mozzarella)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can be reheated in the oven or microwave before serving.
Health Benefits of Polenta Pizza with Purple Sprouting Broccoli and Mozzarella
Polenta pizza with purple broccoli and mozzarella is a delicious and nutritious dish that offers several health benefits. Packed with a variety of ingredients, this pizza is not only a treat for your taste buds, but also increases your general well-being.
1. Rich in fiber
One of the main ingredients in this pizza is polenta, a type of cornmeal. Polenta is an excellent source of fiber, which aids digestion and helps maintain a healthy gut. Fiber also increases satiety, keeping you feeling full for longer and potentially aiding weight control.
2. Nutrient-rich purple sprouting broccoli
This recipe focuses on using purple broccoli, a nutritional powerhouse. Purple sprouting broccoli is a rich source of vitamins A, C and K. It also contains minerals such as calcium, potassium and iron. Including purple sprouting broccoli in your diet supports healthy bones, strengthens the immune system and contributes to overall vitality.
3. Antioxidant-rich tomatoes
The addition of cherry tomatoes gives this pizza a pop of color and flavor. Tomatoes are known for their high antioxidant content, primarily due to their lycopene content. Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant that helps fight oxidative stress and reduces the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain cancers.
4. Low-fat mozzarella
The mozzarella used in this recipe is low in fat, making it a healthier cheese option. Mozzarella provides a good source of protein, calcium and phosphorus while keeping saturated fat levels under control. These nutrients are critical for maintaining strong bones, supporting muscle and tissue repair, and promoting overall body functions.
5. Red pepper for extra flavor
The addition of red pepper not only adds a splash of color, but also enhances the flavor profile of this pizza. Red peppers are an excellent source of vitamin C and other antioxidants, which help protect cells from damage and promote collagen synthesis, contributing to healthy skin, hair and nails.
By enjoying this delicious polenta pizza with purple broccoli and mozzarella, you will not only satisfy your cravings but also provide your body with essential nutrients. Take advantage of the health benefits of this dish and treat yourself to a tasty meal without feeling guilty.