Treat yourself to the irresistible combination of sweet marzipan and spicy plums with our Plum Marzipan Tart Tatin. This exquisite fall dessert features juicy plums wrapped in a buttery pastry that creates a heavenly balance of flavors. The melted marzipan provides additional filling and perfectly complements the spiciness of the fruit. A bite of this tempting cake will transport you to a cozy autumn afternoon, making it the ideal treat to enjoy with a cup of tea or with your loved ones. Let yourself be enchanted by the enchanting mix of sweet and tart in every bite!
- 25g butter
- 25g golden powdered sugar
- 800g firm plums, not too ripe, halved and pitted
- 100g golden marzipan
- 40g ground almonds
- 500g puff pastry bag, thawed if frozen
- To serve, pour cream (single or double).
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6/fan 180°C.
- Melt the butter in a 28cm tart tin tin over medium heat on the stove.
- Add the sugar and 1 tablespoon of water and simmer for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture is lightly browned.
- If it looks slightly crumbly at this point, don’t hesitate, it will straighten itself in the oven.
- Remove from the heat and place the plums, cut side up.
- Cut the marzipan into as many pieces as there are plum halves.
- Place a piece of marzipan in the hole left by the stone on each plum.
- Sprinkle a small pile of ground almonds over each plum half.
- Roll out the dough and cut it all around 3 cm larger than the shape.
- Lift the dough onto the pan and tuck it between the plums and the inside of the pan.
- You can refrigerate the ready-to-bake tart for up to 24 hours.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the dough is risen, crispy and golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then place a large flat plate with a rim over the tin.
- Hold it over the sink to prevent any dripping and carefully invert the tart onto the plate.
- There may be some juice from the plums, which requires a margin on the plate, but it is delicious, especially when mixed with cream.
Equipment and tools
- Baking dish or cake pan
- Sharp knife
- cutting board
- measuring spoon
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- rolling pin
- Pastry brush
This Plum Marzipan Tart Tatin recipe contains the following allergens:
- Golden powdered sugar
- Golden marzipan
- Ground almonds
- puff pastry
- Pour cream (single or double)
Please note that this recipe may also contain traces of nuts, dairy products and gluten. It is important to check the ingredient labels for possible allergens before preparing the recipe.
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers of the plum marzipan tart, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. To reheat, place the tart in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for about 10-15 minutes or until warmed through. For a special treat, serve with a dollop of fresh cream or ice cream.
Health Benefits of Plum Marzipan Tart Tatin
Plum Marzipan Tart Tatin is not only a delicious treat but also a dessert that offers several health benefits. From the natural goodness of plums to the nourishing properties of marzipan, this dessert can be a delicious addition to your diet. Let’s explore the numerous health benefits of the ingredients used in this recipe:
Plums, the main ingredient in this Tarte Tatin, are not only juicy and aromatic, but also full of important nutrients. They are a great source of vitamins A, C, E and K as well as fiber. Plums are also rich in antioxidants, which protect the body from oxidative damage caused by harmful free radicals. The fiber content in prunes aids digestion, promotes intestinal health and can help prevent constipation.
Golden marzipan not only adds a delicious sweetness to the cake, but also offers some health benefits. Marzipan is made from ground almonds and sugar and is a good source of healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. Almonds are rich in vitamin E, which acts as an antioxidant and supports immune function. They also provide healthy monounsaturated fats that can help lower bad cholesterol levels. The combination of marzipan and almonds in this recipe provides added nutritional value and a nutty taste.
3. Ground almonds
The addition of ground almonds in this Tarte Tatin not only improves its taste but also adds to its health benefits. Almonds are a powerhouse of nutrients including vitamin E, magnesium and healthy fats. They are known to support heart health by lowering bad cholesterol levels and improving blood pressure. The high fiber content in almonds promotes digestion, helps maintain a healthy weight, and promotes satiety.
4. Puff pastry
While puff pastry doesn’t have a particularly high nutritional value, it gives Tarte Tatin a wonderful texture and flavor. It’s important to consume puff pastry in moderation as it is often high in calories and unhealthy fats. However, when enjoyed in small quantities, puff pastry can add a touch of indulgence to an otherwise nutritious dessert.
In summary, the Plum Marzipan Tart Tatin not only satisfies your sweet tooth but also offers several health benefits. From the antioxidant-rich plums to the nourishing properties of marzipan and ground almonds, this dessert can be enjoyed guilt-free. Remember to enjoy this delicacy in moderation as part of a balanced diet.