Are you looking for a quick and tasty meal? Try our delicious “Pinwheel Pizzas” recipe! With the help of a packet bread mix, you can easily make these delicious custom pizza rolls that are sure to satisfy your cravings. Filled with aromatic ingredients like tomatoes, basil, mozzarella and pepperoni, every bite is a touch of savory deliciousness. Whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for a fun twist on traditional pizza, these pinwheel pizzas are a guaranteed hit. Prepare them in no time and pamper your taste buds!
- Olive oil, for the can
- 500g pack of bread mix
- flour, for dusting
- 50 g mature cheddar, grated
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- Handful of basil, roughly torn
- 1 whole roasted pepper from a jar, cut into strips
- 70g pack of pepperoni, chopped
- 125 g ball mozzarella, torn into pieces
- Oil a springform pan (25 cm diameter).
- Prepare the bread mixture according to package directions.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll it out with a rolling pin into an oblong piece measuring 35 x 22 cm.
- Spread the tomato puree over the dough (so that there is a free edge of the dough all around).
- Scatter basil, pepper, chili peppers and mozzarella over the tomato puree.
- Gently and firmly roll up the dough from the longest side to form a jelly roll.
- Cut the rolled out dough evenly into 8 thick pinwheels.
- Arrange 7 pinwheels around the edge of the shape and place the eighth in the center.
- Cover the tin with cling film and leave to rise in a warm place until the dough has risen well. This can take up to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas 7.
- Remove the cling film from the can.
- Sprinkle the cheddar over the pinwheels.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the pinwheels are golden brown.
Equipment and tools
Here are the equipment and tools you need to make pinwheel pizzas:
- Olive oil (for greasing the mold)
- Flour (for dusting)
- grater (for grating cheese)
- baking tray
- Spatula or spoon (for spreading tomato puree)
- Knife or scissors (for cutting roasted peppers)
- cutting board
Please note the following allergen information for Pinwheel pizzas:
- This recipe contains gluten and milk.
- Depending on the brand used, it may also contain traces of other allergens such as soy and nuts.
- If you or anyone consuming this dish suffers from allergies or dietary restrictions, please read the ingredient labels carefully and adjust the recipe accordingly.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers or want to store your Pinwheel pizzas, follow these guidelines:
- Allow pizzas to cool completely before storing.
- Place the cooled pizzas in an airtight container or wrap tightly with plastic wrap.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, place pizzas in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
The Health Benefits of Pinwheel Pizzas
If you’re looking for a fun and delicious way to enjoy pizza while taking care of your health, look no further than Pinwheel Pizzas. Not only are these bite-sized treats convenient to prepare, but they also offer a number of health benefits. By using healthy ingredients and controlling portion sizes, pinwheel pizzas can be a nutritious addition to your diet.
1. Olive oil
One of the main ingredients in pinwheel pizzas is olive oil. Olive oil is known for its heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, which may help lower bad cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. It is also a good source of antioxidants and vitamin E, which have anti-inflammatory properties.
2. Whole wheat bread mix
Instead of traditional pizza dough, pinwheel pizzas can also be made with a whole grain bread mix. Whole grain products are rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals. They can help regulate blood sugar levels, improve digestion and promote a healthy weight. Choosing whole grains over refined grains may also reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes and certain cancers.
Pinwheel pizzas often contain basil as an aromatic herb. Not only is basil rich in essential nutrients such as vitamin K, vitamin A and iron, but it also has antibacterial properties and can promote healthy digestion. In addition, basil contains antioxidants that protect the body from oxidative stress.
4. Roasted pepper
The roasted peppers used in pinwheel pizzas add a colorful and flavorful touch. Bell peppers are an excellent source of vitamin C, which supports the immune system, promotes skin health, and improves the absorption of iron from plant foods. They are also rich in antioxidants and may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
While mozzarella gives pinwheel pizzas that signature cheese flavor, it also offers some health benefits. Mozzarella is a good source of calcium, which is essential for strong bones and teeth. It is also relatively low in calories compared to other cheeses, making it a suitable choice for those watching their weight.
6. Healthy toppings
When you make pinwheel pizzas, you have control over the toppings you use. By choosing lean proteins like chopped pepperoni and reducing the amount of cheese, you can create a healthier option that still satisfies your cravings. Adding vegetables like roasted peppers or spinach can further increase the nutritional value and fiber content of your pinwheel pizzas.
By using olive oil, incorporating whole grains, and adding nutrient-dense ingredients like basil and roasted peppers, pinwheel pizzas can be a tasty and healthy option for pizza lovers. Whether as a snack, appetizer or party food, these bite-sized delights offer a balance of flavors and health benefits that make them a delicious addition to your menu.