This delicious Pineapple and Passionfruit Cheesecake combines the smoothness of cream cheese with the tropical flavor of pineapple and passionfruit. The result is an irresistibly creamy and dreamy dessert that will undoubtedly impress your family and friends.
Enjoy the velvety texture of this cheesecake topped with a burst of refreshing tropical flavors. Each bite is a delicious combination of sweet and spicy, creating a truly heavenly treat. This dessert is perfect for any occasion – from birthday parties to family gatherings, it will leave everyone wanting more.
- 10 digestive biscuits
- 6 ginger nut cookies
- 2 x 300g tubs of full-fat soft cheese
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 142 ml pot of double cream
- 140g powdered sugar
- Zest of 3 limes
- medium-sized, ripe pineapple, peeled, cored and quartered
- 3 ripe passion fruits, halved
- 284g pot of double cream
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas 2.
- Place the cookies in a plastic bag, seal tightly, and pound with a rolling pin until fine crumbs form.
- Place the crumbs in a bowl and mix them with the melted butter.
- Place the crumbs in the bottom of a springform pan (23cm diameter) and press down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake the crust for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned, then allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine all the filling ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Pour the filling onto the cooled cookie base and return to the oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the filling is just set and beginning to brown.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven with the door slightly open, then place it in the refrigerator.
- If the top is cracked, it doesn’t matter.
- The cheesecake can be made up to 2 days in advance.
- Carefully remove the cheesecake from the mold and place it on a serving plate.
- Slice the pineapple quarters lengthwise as thinly as possible.
- Whip the cream and powdered sugar until the mixture is thickened but not stiff.
- Spread the whipped cream on the cheesecake.
- Layer the pineapple slices on top of the whipped cream.
- Add the pulp and seeds of the passion fruit on top.
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- food processor
- Springform pan for cakes
- baking paper
- Electric mixer
- Cooking thermometer
- Sharp knife
This Pineapple Passion Fruit Cheesecake recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (soft cheese, double cream)
- Gluten (digestive biscuits, ginger nut biscuits)
Please check the ingredients and ensure they are suitable for your dietary needs.
Storage and leftovers
This cheesecake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before serving leftovers, be sure to check their freshness and discard if necessary.
Pineapple Passionfruit Cheesecake is not only a delicious dessert but also a healthy choice. This article section explores the health benefits of this delicious treat and highlights the nutritious ingredients that make it a guilt-free treat.
Pineapple, a tropical fruit, is known for its vibrant flavor and numerous health benefits. It is an excellent source of vitamin C, providing more than the recommended daily allowance in just one serving. Vitamin C is important for a strong immune system, promotes healthy skin and supports iron absorption.
Additionally, pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain, which has anti-inflammatory properties and can help improve digestion. This enzyme also helps break down proteins and supports healthy intestinal function.
2. Passion fruit
Passion fruit is a small fruit with a distinct, spicy taste. It is rich in antioxidants, including vitamin A and vitamin C. These antioxidants play an important role in protecting the body from free radicals, which can damage cells and contribute to various diseases.
The fiber content of passion fruit is also noteworthy. Fiber supports digestion, helps regulate blood sugar levels and promotes satiety, thereby having a positive effect on weight control.
3. Soft cheese
The use of full-fat soft cheese in this cheesecake ensures a creamy and delicious texture. Although it is important to consume cheese in moderation, it does provide some nutritional benefits. Soft cheese is a good source of protein, calcium and phosphorus, which are crucial for developing and maintaining strong bones and teeth.
Eggs are a nutritious addition to this recipe as they are full of high-quality proteins, essential amino acids, and various vitamins and minerals. They are particularly rich in vitamin B12, which is important for healthy nerve function and the formation of red blood cells.
Eating eggs can also contribute to increased satiety and help control appetite and prevent overeating.
The zest of three limes gives the cheesecake a refreshing citrus flavor. Limes are an excellent source of vitamin C, which boosts the immune system and acts as an antioxidant. They also contain other essential vitamins such as vitamin A and vitamin E.
Additionally, limes are known for their detoxifying properties and can aid digestion by promoting the production of enzymes.
6. Double cream and powdered sugar
Using heavy cream and a small amount of powdered sugar in this recipe adds a touch of sweetness and a creamy texture. Although these ingredients should be consumed in moderation, they contribute to the overall flavor and mouthfeel of the dessert.
It is important to note that excessive consumption of added sugars should be avoided as part of a balanced diet.
In conclusion, this Pineapple Passionfruit Cheesecake not only satisfies your sweet tooth but also offers several health benefits. With its combination of tropical fruits, protein-rich cheese, and nutrient-dense ingredients, you can enjoy this guilt-free dessert while nourishing your body.