This main course salad is a treat for two people because you only need to purchase five ingredients. Treat yourself to the irresistible combination of delicious pepper steak and a fresh tortilla salad. The juicy steak is perfectly seasoned with a tantalizing blend of herbs and spices that gives every bite a special flavor. The crunchy tortilla salad is loaded with bold vegetables, highlighting the overall freshness of the dish. This easy-to-prepare recipe is a great option for a quick but filling meal that doesn’t compromise on taste. Make this delicious salad and enjoy a delicious, healthy dining experience!
- 1 soft tortilla wrap
- 2 small, thinly sliced beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed of any fat (about 85g/3oz each)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp mustard mayonnaise
- ½ bag of 110 g watercress, rocket and spinach salad
- PLUS 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Brush the tortilla with a little oil.
- Bake the tortilla on a baking sheet in the oven for 6-8 minutes until crispy.
- In the meantime, rub some more oil over the steaks and season generously.
- Heat a griddle or skillet until hot.
- Cook the steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness and desired degree of doneness.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and let them rest on a plate.
- Stone and peel the avocado, then cut into thick slices.
- Whisk the mustard mayonnaise with the remaining oil, 2 teaspoons water and the remaining juice from the steak.
- Break the tortilla into pieces.
- Slice the steak and trim off any excess fat.
- Divide the salad between 2 plates.
- Top the salad with avocado, tortilla pieces and sliced steak.
- Finally, drizzle the dressing over the salad.
Equipment and tools
To prepare this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Frying pan or grill pan
- Tongs or spatula
This Pepper Steak Tortilla Salad recipe contains the following allergens:
- Eggs (mayonnaise)
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To eat, you can enjoy the salad cold or warm the steak slightly in a pan before adding it to the salad.
Health Benefits of Pepper Steak Tortilla Salad
Are you looking for a delicious and healthy salad variant? Then the Pepper Steak Tortilla Salad is perfect for you. This delicious dish not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers several health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients and how they contribute to your well-being:
1. Soft tortilla wrap
The soft tortilla wrap used in this recipe gives the salad a delicious texture and flavor. Made from whole grains, it is a great source of fiber, which aids digestion and helps maintain a healthy weight. Additionally, whole grains are rich in essential nutrients such as B vitamins, iron and antioxidants, which promote heart health and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
2. Thinly sliced stirloin steaks
The thinly sliced beef steaks are not only juicy and flavorful, but also provide a good source of lean protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue in our body. It also helps us feel fuller for longer, which can have a positive impact on weight control. Additionally, lean cuts of beef are an excellent source of iron, which plays an important role in oxygen transport and energy production.
3. Ripe avocado
Avocado, a key ingredient in this salad, is a nutritional powerhouse. It’s rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats that help lower bad cholesterol levels. Avocados are also rich in fiber, potassium and vitamins such as vitamin K, vitamin E and vitamin C. These nutrients contribute to a healthy immune system, improve digestion and support skin health.
4. Mustard mayonnaise
The mustard mayonnaise not only gives the salad a spicy note, but also offers health benefits. Mustard seeds are rich in antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory properties. They can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer, heart disease and arthritis. Additionally, using olive oil mayonnaise instead of traditional vegetable oils increases your intake of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.
5. Watercress, arugula and spinach salad
The watercress, arugula and spinach salad mix offers a variety of leafy greens packed with essential nutrients. This vegetable is low in calories and rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. They are a great source of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, iron and calcium. Including leafy greens in your diet can help improve digestion, promote bone health, boost immune function and help with weight control.
6. Olive oil
The olive oil used to cook the steak and dress the salad is a healthy fat option. It is rich in monounsaturated fats, which help reduce inflammation and lower the risk of heart disease. Olive oil is also a good source of vitamin E, an antioxidant that protects cells from damage and supports healthy skin.