In this irresistible peanut butter cake recipe, you’ll find a delicious sponge cake with a wonderfully gooey peanut butter and caramel filling. Treat yourself to the perfect blend of flavors as the light and fluffy sponge cake complements the rich and creamy peanut butter filling. The combination of nutty and sweet flavors is sure to tantalize your taste buds and leave you wanting more. Whether for a special occasion or as a simple treat, this cake will satisfy any peanut butter lover’s cravings. Don’t miss this delicious dessert that will have you coming back for seconds!
- 200g butter, softened, plus a little butter for greasing
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter, plus 2 tablespoons for the center (or more if you like)
- 4 large eggs
- 200g golden powdered sugar
- 150g cup of natural yogurt
- 200g self-raising flour
- 50g salted roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 100g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 Table spoons of milk
- 3 tbsp dulce de leche
Leche is a thick,
usually in a jar
found with that
canned fruit and
Vanilla pudding in the
You can’t find it,
comes in a can)
or any good quality
- Butter 2 non-stick sandwich tins (20 cm) and line them with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Beat butter, 3 tablespoons peanut butter, eggs, sugar and yogurt with electric hand mixers until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the flour, then distribute the mixture among the molds and remove the last piece with a spatula.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the dough has risen and is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix the salted peanuts and powdered sugar with ½ teaspoon water until well coated and lumpy.
- Spread on a nonstick baking sheet.
- When the cakes are ready, let them cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Turn the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6, then toast the nuts for 10 minutes, tossing a few times, until golden brown and coated in glossy caramel.
- Transfer to a lightly buttered plate.
- While you wait, prepare the topping: Melt the chocolate and milk together in a pan over simmering water or in the microwave on high for 1 minute, then stir until melted.
- Let cool down.
- Place one of the sponge cakes on a plate, spread with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (or more), then top with the dulce de leche and spread with a spatula.
- Place the second sponge cake on top and spread with the chocolate icing.
- To serve, sprinkle with the caramelized peanuts.
Equipment and tools
To prepare the peanut butter cake you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Electric mixer or hand mixer
- 2 x 20cm round cake tins
- baking paper
- Cooling rack
- Spatula or spatula
- Sharp knife
- mixing bowls
This peanut butter cake contains the following allergens:
- Flour (gluten)
- milk chocolate
Please be aware of these allergens if you or your guests have dietary restrictions or allergies.
Storage and leftovers
Here are some tips for storing and enjoying leftover peanut butter cake:
- Store leftover cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
- You can also store the cake in the refrigerator to extend its shelf life. However, make sure to bring it to room temperature before serving to enhance the flavor.
- If desired, you can freeze the cake. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or place in a freezer bag and store for up to 3 months.
- If you want to enjoy the leftovers, simply thaw the cake at room temperature. You can also microwave individual slices for a few seconds to make them warm and gooey.
- The cake goes well with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk. For extra enjoyment, feel free to add a dollop of peanut butter or drizzle some dulce de leche on top.
Peanut butter cake is not only delicious but also offers several health benefits. This article section will explore some of the nutritional benefits of enjoying this tasty treat.
1. Good source of protein
Peanut butter, one of the main ingredients in this cake, is known for its high protein content. Protein is essential for repairing tissue, building muscle, and maintaining a healthy immune system. Incorporating peanut butter into the cake recipe provides a significant amount of protein, making it a filling and filling dessert option.
2. Healthy fats
Peanut butter is not only a good source of protein, but also contains healthy fats. These fats include monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which are often referred to as “good fats.” Research suggests that these fats, when consumed in moderation, may help reduce the risk of heart disease. The butter used in this recipe also contributes to the healthy fat content of the cake.
3. Vitamin E and antioxidants
Peanut butter is a rich source of vitamin E, an antioxidant that helps protect cells from free radical damage. Antioxidants play a crucial role in reducing the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain types of cancer. Incorporating peanut butter into the cake recipe provides a natural source of this essential nutrient.
4. Energy boost
The combination of butter, eggs and flour in the cake provides a good source of carbohydrates, which are the body’s main source of energy. Carbohydrates are necessary to fuel our brains and muscles. Enjoying a slice of peanut butter pie can give you the energy boost you need to get through the day.
5. Stress relief
Peanut butter contains an amino acid called tryptophan, which plays a crucial role in the production of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that helps regulate mood. Serotonin is often referred to as the “feel-good hormone” because it contributes to feelings of happiness and relaxation. Including peanut butter in your diet, like in this cake recipe, can help promote well-being and reduce stress.
Overall, enjoying a slice of peanut butter cake not only satisfies your taste buds but also provides several health benefits. Remember to enjoy it in moderation as part of a balanced diet.