Let yourself be enchanted by this exquisite quiche with peas, mint and goat cheese. Its visually stunning presentation is sure to impress your guests. With its carefully layered peas on a delicious base, this quiche offers a surprise factor that will intrigue everyone. The combination of fresh mint and creamy goat cheese creates a truly irresistible flavor, while the flaky crust provides a satisfying crunch. Perfect for brunch or a light lunch, this quiche is a beautiful and flavorful dish that will brighten up any occasion. Treat yourself to this culinary masterpiece and experience a unique taste experience!
- 300g frozen peas
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- a handful of mint leaves
- 2 eggs
- 284 ml pot of double cream
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 200g mild goat cheese, crumbled
- 280g flour, plus some flour for dusting
- 140g cold butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Follow steps 1 and 2 of the Sticky Onion Cheddar Quiche recipe on the opposite page.
- While the dough is cooling, cook the peas in boiling water for 3 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold water. Puree the peas with the olive oil with a hand blender, then stir in the chopped mint and season.
- Lightly prick the base of the cake with a fork, line the cake base with a large circle of baking paper or foil and then fill it with baking beans. Blind bake the tart for 20 minutes, remove the paper and beans, then continue baking for 5-10 minutes until biscuit brown.
- While the tart is cooking, beat the eggs in a large bowl. Gradually add the cream and stir in the onions. Season.
- When the dish is ready, spread the peas over the base with a spoon, pour the egg mixture over it and finally sprinkle the goat cheese on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes until set and golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the tin, cut off the edges of the dough, then remove and serve in slices.
Equipment and tools
Here are the essential equipment and tools you’ll need to make this Pea, Mint, and Goat Cheese Quiche:
- mixing bowl
- Quiche dish
- rolling pin
- baking paper
- Bake beans
- Sharp knife
This Pea Mint Goat Cheese Quiche contains the following allergens:
- Goat cheese
Please ensure that none of these ingredients pose allergens to you or anyone else consuming the quiche.
Storage and leftovers
Once the pea, mint and goat cheese quiche has cooled completely, you can store the leftovers in the refrigerator. Here are some storage tips:
- Place the quiche in an airtight container or wrap tightly with plastic wrap.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- To reheat, preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F) and warm the quiche for about 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Enjoy the quiche within the recommended storage time for the best taste.
The Health Benefits of Pea, Mint and Goat Cheese Quiche
Quiches are a versatile and delicious dish that can be enjoyed as a light lunch or dinner. A special variant that stands out is the quiche with peas, mint and goat cheese. This delicious recipe not only offers a flavor explosion but also several health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at the nutritious ingredients that make up this delicious dish.
Frozen peas are the main ingredient in this quiche. Not only are they convenient to use, but they also offer numerous health benefits. Peas are an excellent source of fiber, which aids digestion and helps you feel fuller for longer. They are also rich in vitamins A, C and K as well as essential minerals such as iron and potassium. In addition, peas contain antioxidants that help protect against cell damage and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
One of the main flavor components of this quiche is the refreshing taste of mint. Mint leaves not only provide a pleasant aroma and taste, but also provide several health benefits. Mint is known for its digestive effects and relieves stomach problems. It is traditionally used to relieve indigestion and nausea. Mint also contains powerful antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties that can support overall health and well-being.
3. Goat Cheese:
The creamy texture and tangy flavor of mild goat cheese add depth to this quiche. Goat cheese is a healthier alternative to other cheeses, especially for people with lactose intolerance. It has a lower lactose content and is therefore easier to digest. Goat cheese is also a good source of protein, calcium and healthy fats. As part of a balanced diet, it can contribute to bone health and provide important nutrients.
Eggs are a key ingredient in quiches and give this dish numerous health benefits. They are an incredible source of high-quality protein and provide all the essential amino acids necessary for muscle growth and repair. Eggs are also rich in vitamins B12, D and E. Additionally, eggs contain choline, a nutrient that supports brain health and memory function. Contrary to previous beliefs, research suggests that eating eggs does not have a significant impact on cholesterol levels in most people.
5. Olive Oil:
Olive oil is used in this recipe for its health-promoting properties and distinctive flavor. It is rich in monounsaturated fats, which are considered heart-healthy fats. These fats can help lower bad cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. Olive oil is also rich in antioxidants such as vitamin E, which protects cells from damage caused by harmful free radicals.
By combining these nutritious ingredients, Pea, Mint and Goat Cheese Quiche not only delights the taste buds but also offers a range of health benefits. From the fiber-rich peas to the soothing properties of mint to the beneficial nutrients in eggs, goat cheese and olive oil, this quiche offers a well-rounded and nutritious meal.