Treat yourself to the delicious combination of parsnip pancakes with a delicious honey mustard dressing. This vegetarian dish is a true feast for the senses, full of vibrant flavors that are sure to impress your guests. The parsnip pancakes are perfectly prepared and have a heavenly crunch that goes wonderfully with the accompanying dressing.
Every bite is a symphony of flavors as the earthy taste of the parsnip harmonizes with the sweet and spicy notes of the honey mustard dressing. Whether served as a main course or an appetizer, these pancakes are guaranteed to leave a lasting impression on your taste buds.
- 1 tbsp vegetable or sesame oil
- 5 curry leaves
- 1 tsp brown mustard seeds
- 1 green chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 250g Greek yogurt, whipped
- 1 tbsp honey
- 175g parsnips, grated
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 green chili peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 100g gram (chickpea) flour
- 50g semolina
- small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 3-4 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
Curry leaves can be bought fresh
from Indian shops or dried by some
supermarkets. They freeze very well.
- To make the dressing, heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the curry leaves and mustard seeds for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chilli, turmeric and ginger and then cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Stir the cooled spice mixture into the whipped yogurt along with the honey and leave it cold until you are ready to serve the meal.
- Can be prepared a day in advance.
- For the pancakes, mix all the ingredients except the oil with 200 ml cold water and a pinch of salt.
- Mix until a thick dough forms.
- Can be prepared several hours in advance and refrigerated.
- About 15 minutes before serving the pancakes, heat a large non-stick frying pan and add 1 tablespoon oil.
- When the oil is hot, add a few tablespoons of the mixture to the pan to form a round pancake about 1-1.5 cm thick.
- You can cook 2 or 3 at a time and keep them warm in a low oven while you prepare the rest.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes until golden brown, then turn over and fry on the other side until golden brown.
- In total you should bake 8 pancakes.
- Serve the pancakes with the honey mustard dressing and curried chickpeas if desired (see “Suitable”).
Equipment and tools
To prepare and cook the recipe for parsnip pancakes with honey mustard dressing, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Whisk or spoon for mixing
- frying pan
- Spatula or spatula
This Parsnip Pancakes with Honey Mustard Dressing recipe contains the following allergens:
- Sesame (optional)
- Chickpea flour
- It may also contain traces of fennel seeds (optional)
Storage and leftovers
After making the parsnip pancakes with honey mustard dressing, store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can be stored for up to 2 days. You can warm them up in a skillet or microwave before serving.
Health Benefits of Parsnip Pancakes with Honey Mustard Dressing
Parsnip Pancakes with Honey Mustard Dressing are not only a delicious and unique meal but also offer numerous health benefits due to their nutritious ingredients.
Parsnips are the main ingredient in this recipe and offer numerous health benefits. They are rich in vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid and potassium. Parsnips also contain fiber, which aids digestion and supports a healthy digestive system.
2. Greek yogurt
The whipped Greek yogurt used in the dressing is an excellent source of protein and calcium. It promotes satiety and helps maintain bone health. Greek yogurt is also rich in probiotics, meaning it contains beneficial bacteria that can support gut health and improve digestion.
Ginger is known for its powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It adds a savory and invigorating flavor to the pancakes while providing potential health benefits such as reducing muscle soreness, improving digestion, and boosting the immune system.
4. Chickpea flour
Using chickpea or chickpea flour in this recipe adds a unique touch and offers various health benefits. Chickpea flour is gluten-free and rich in protein and fiber. It is also rich in minerals such as iron, magnesium and potassium.
5. Mustard seeds
Mustard seeds are packed with essential nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium and selenium. They are said to have potential anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Mustard seeds also give the dressing a pleasant crunch and a distinctive taste.
Natural honey used in the dressing not only adds a touch of sweetness but also offers potential health benefits. Honey is known for its antibacterial properties, can soothe sore throats, and can even provide relief from allergies and coughs.
Turmeric is a spice known for its bright yellow color and powerful anti-inflammatory properties. It contains a compound called curcumin, which has been studied for potential health benefits such as: B. reducing inflammation, improving brain health and supporting a healthy heart.
By combining all of these nutritious ingredients, Parsnip Pancakes with Honey Mustard Dressing not only provide a delicious culinary experience but also provide a number of health benefits. Incorporate this recipe into your diet to enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal.