Crispy and full of flavor, these pepper potato wedges are a delicious side dish that is sure to impress. The combination of the smoky paprika spice and the perfectly crispy texture make them irresistible.
Whether served as an appetizer or with your favorite main course, these wedges are guaranteed to be a hit with everyone. The rich flavor of the peppers pairs perfectly with the creamy interior of the potatoes, creating a delicious blend of flavor and texture.
Prepare for a delicious experience with these Paprika Potato Wedges that will leave you wanting more. It’s a simple yet satisfying dish that everyone is sure to devour. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds and indulge in this irresistible delight!
- 800 g floury potatoes, e.g. B. Maris Piper
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp sweet paprika powder
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into sixths or eighths with the skin on.
- In a bowl, mix the sunflower oil with paprika and salt.
- Add the vinegar and pepper and marinate the potatoes while the oven preheats.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread the potato wedges on it.
- Roast for 30 minutes until crispy and golden brown, turning halfway through so they get nice and crispy on both sides.
- To serve, sprinkle with some sea salt flakes if desired.
Equipment and tools
Here are the tools and equipment you need to make paprika potato wedges:
- mixing bowl
- spatula or spoon
Please note the following allergen information for Paprika Potato Wedges:
- This recipe contains potatoes.
- This recipe may contain traces of gluten if Maris Piper potatoes are used.
- Those with specific allergies or dietary restrictions should check the ingredients list for potential allergens.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers or want to save the paprika potato wedges, follow these steps:
- Allow the wedges to cool completely.
- Place them in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
- Store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) and spread the wedges on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes until heated through.
Note: For the best taste and consistency, it is recommended to consume the wedges within a few days.
Health Benefits of Paprika Potato Wedges
Potatoes are full of essential nutrients and minerals, and when combined with the spicy kick of peppers, they make a tempting and healthy dish known as pepper potato wedges. In addition to its delicious taste, paprika spice offers numerous health benefits. This is how this hearty recipe can contribute to your well-being:
1. Rich in vitamins and minerals
The main ingredient in these potato wedges, Maris Piper potatoes, is a floury variety rich in essential vitamins and minerals. Potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C, B vitamins and potassium. Vitamin C is crucial for a healthy immune system, while B vitamins play an important role in energy production. Potassium helps regulate blood pressure and promotes overall heart health.
2. Strong antioxidant properties
Paprika, the main spice in this recipe, is not only responsible for the delicious taste but also provides several health benefits. It is rich in antioxidants that protect your body from harmful free radicals. These antioxidants help prevent cell damage, reduce inflammation and may even reduce the risk of chronic disease.
3. Anti-inflammatory effect
The combination of paprika and black pepper in the potato wedges brings anti-inflammatory properties. Chronic inflammation is linked to various health problems, including heart disease, diabetes and certain types of cancer. By incorporating anti-inflammatory spices like paprika and black pepper into your diet, you may be able to reduce inflammation and support a healthier body.
4. Promotes digestive health
The red wine vinegar used in the recipe can aid digestion. It contains acetic acid, which is known for its antimicrobial properties and can help maintain a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut. Additionally, the acetic acid in vinegar can improve insulin sensitivity and promote satiety, potentially helping with weight control.
5. Optional coarse sea salt flakes
While the coarse sea salt flakes in this recipe are optional, they can add to your mineral intake. Sea salt flakes contain several essential minerals such as magnesium, calcium and potassium. However, it is important to consume salt in moderation as excessive sodium intake can have negative effects on blood pressure and heart health. Use salt sparingly or adjust it to your dietary needs.