Treat yourself to the deliciousness of our Lychee and Passionfruit Panna Cottas, a perfect blend of creamy and fruity flavors. Covered with a refreshing tropical jelly layer, each spoonful is a tropical paradise in your mouth.
In order to achieve the velvety-soft texture, precision is important when dosing the ingredients. If you follow the recipe carefully, you will get the ideal consistency that will make your taste buds tingle with joy. Don’t miss this irresistible dessert that will bring a touch of the tropics to your table.
- 400 ml cream
- 100 ml milk
- 60g golden powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 125g peeled and seeded lychees, plus additional whole fruit for garnish
- 5 sheets of gelatin
- 6 tbsp passion fruit, orange or lemon curd
- 2 ripe passion fruits, pulp scooped out, to serve
- 200 ml strained passion fruit juice, plus 2 tbsp seeds (see tip below)
- 40g golden powdered sugar
- 2 sheets of gelatin
Cooking with passion fruit
Buy passion fruits at least 4-5 days before you need them as most fruits are sold unripe. When the skin becomes wrinkled, it is ready for use. For the jelly, buy passion fruit juice and 1-2 passion fruits for the seeds, or puree the seeds of 16 ripe passion fruits in a blender to separate the “juice”, then strain to 200ml and add 2 tbsp of the remaining kernels back in the sieve.
- First prepare the passion fruit jelly:
- Heat passion fruit juice and sugar in a saucepan, stirring, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Place the 2 sheets of gelatine in cold water and let soak until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the juice from the heat.
- Add gelatin and stir until melted.
- Stir in the passion fruit seeds.
- Pour into 6 dariole molds or a similar invertible container.
- Chill for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a food processor or blender.
- Sieve and pour into a pot.
- Soak the 5 gelatin sheets in cold water until soft.
- When the cream is just boiling, remove from the heat.
- Squeeze the water out of the gelatin and add the leaves to the cream mixture.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Stir and then pour into the molds.
- Refrigerate to set, at least 3 hours or up to a day. Can be done a day in advance.
- Pour boiling water into a bowl.
- Dip the sides of each mold into the water and hold for a second.
- Place a plate on top and turn it over.
- Serve the panna cottas with additional lychees, some quark and more passion fruit pulp.
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- measuring cup
This recipe contains dairy products (double cream and milk) and gelatin. Depending on the brand of ingredients used, it may also contain traces of nuts or other allergens. Please check the labels of all ingredients to ensure they are appropriate for your dietary needs.
Storage and leftovers
Store the lychee and passionfruit panna cottas in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Serve chilled. Leftovers can be enjoyed for dessert or as a snack.
The Health Benefits of Lychee and Passionfruit Panna Cottas
Not only are lychee and passionfruit panna cotta a deliciously creamy and fruity dessert option, but they also offer a range of health benefits. This article examines the nutritional value of the key ingredients and their possible positive effects on our well-being.
Lychees: A Nutritional Powerhouse
With their distinct sweet and floral flavor, lychees are not only a delicious addition to panna cotta, but also have several health-promoting properties.
Lychees are rich in vitamins and minerals and are particularly high in vitamin C, which supports a healthy immune system, strengthens collagen production and aids iron absorption. This tropical fruit also contains fiber, which aids digestion and helps maintain a healthy weight.
Additionally, lychees provide antioxidants that protect the body from oxidative stress, which can contribute to the development of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
Passion Fruit: Full of Benefits
Passion fruits not only give the panna cottas a tangy and refreshing taste, but also contribute to their nutritional value.
Similar to lychees, passion fruit is an excellent source of vitamin C, which boosts the immune system and supports overall health. It is also rich in vitamin A, which promotes healthy vision and helps maintain healthy skin.
Additionally, passion fruit is full of fiber, which aids digestion and promotes satiety, making it a good choice for anyone looking to control their weight.
Passion fruits are also known for their antioxidant content, which help neutralize free radicals and reduce inflammation in the body.
Gelatin: A source of protein
The creamy texture of panna cotta is achieved through the use of gelatin, which is obtained from collagen-rich animal tissues. Gelatin is a good source of protein, essential for building and repairing tissue in the body. It also supports healthy skin, hair and nails.
Incorporating lychees, passion fruit and gelatin into the lychee and passion fruit panna cottas not only makes for a delicious dessert but also offers a number of health benefits. From boosting the immune system to improving digestion and providing essential nutrients, this dessert can be enjoyed guilt-free while contributing to overall well-being.