Introducing our delicious herb and spice paneer fritters – a flavor combination that will tantalize your taste buds! These delicious Indian cheese fritters can easily steal the show as a delicious appetizer and leave your guests wanting more. But they also develop their appeal as a main course when accompanied by fluffy rice and a colorful selection of fresh vegetables. Each bite unleashes a perfect harmony of aromatic herbs and spices, enveloping your palate in a symphony of exquisite flavors. Treat yourself to these savory delicacies and embark on an unforgettable culinary journey!
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 227g pack of paneer (Indian cooking cheese, available in supermarkets and Asian shops), coarsely grated
- A handful of coriander sprigs, stems and leaves, finely chopped
- a handful of mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely grated or crushed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp flour
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- Lemon wedges and sweet chili sauce for serving
- Toast the cumin seeds in a large nonstick skillet for about 1 minute, shaking the pan, until they become a shade darker, being careful not to burn them. Remove from heat and place seeds in a mixing bowl.
- Add everything except oil, lemon and chili sauce to the bowl. Season well and mix very thoroughly.
- With wet hands, grab walnut-sized handfuls of the mixture and then press them into flat little cakes, like fish cakes or patties. They can now be refrigerated until ready to cook or cooked straight away.
- Heat the pan again over medium heat and add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Once hot, add the donuts, fry until the bottom is golden brown, then turn over and cook until golden brown all over. Be careful as they could easily splatter.
- Drain on paper towels and keep warm while preparing portions.
- Serve with lemon wedges and sweet chili sauce.
Equipment and tools
To prepare this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- frying pan
- Spatula or tongs
- Plate lined with kitchen paper
- Serving plate
- citrus press
The Herb & Spice Paneer Fritters recipe may contain the following allergens:
- Paneer (Indian cooking cheese) – dairy
- Eggs – eggs
- Plain flour – gluten
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers or want to save the donuts for later, follow these steps:
- Allow the donuts to cool completely.
- Place the donuts in an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, place the donuts in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Health Benefits of Herb and Spice Paneer Fritters
Paneer fritters are a delicious snack that everyone can enjoy and, in addition to their great taste, they also offer numerous health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of the ingredients used in making these donuts.
Cumin seeds not only give the donuts a special taste but are also full of health benefits. They are a great source of iron, which is essential for transporting oxygen in the body. Cumin seeds also contain antioxidants that help fight inflammation and boost the immune system.
Paneer (Indian cooking cheese)
Paneer, the main ingredient of the fritters, is a good source of protein and calcium. Protein is necessary for building and repairing tissue, while calcium is essential for strong bones and teeth. Paneer also contains conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), which has been linked to weight management and reducing the risk of certain diseases.
Coriander and mint leaves
The addition of coriander and mint leaves not only enhances the flavor of the fritters but also brings its own health benefits. Coriander is rich in antioxidants and is traditionally used to aid digestion. Mint leaves also aid digestion and can help relieve digestive symptoms such as nausea and bloating.
Spring onions not only give the donuts a subtle onion flavor, but also provide important nutrients. They are a good source of vitamins A and C, which are important for maintaining healthy skin and strengthening the immune system. Green onions are also rich in fiber, which aids digestion and can prevent constipation.
Ginger and garlic
Ginger and garlic are known for their strong taste, but they also offer numerous health benefits. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and can help relieve nausea and relieve muscle pain. Garlic is often referred to as a superfood because it boosts the immune system, lowers blood pressure and lowers cholesterol.
Eggs are a good source of high-quality protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissue. They also contain several important vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, D, E and B12 as well as selenium and choline.
Although flour is used in moderation, it serves as a binding agent for the doughnuts. It is important to note that pure flour is a processed grain and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
These paneer cakes made with herbs and spices not only delight your taste buds but also offer a range of health benefits. From providing essential nutrients and antioxidants to aiding digestion and boosting the immune system, each ingredient contributes to the overall value of this delicious snack. So enjoy these donuts without feeling guilty, knowing that they not only taste great but are also beneficial for your health.