Treat yourself to the irresistible culinary fusion of Italian and Spanish flavors with our tempting Paella Arancini bites. These delicious, bite-sized treats combine the iconic elements of paella, including saffron-infused rice and a mix of succulent seafood, nestled in a crispy, golden layer of breadcrumbs. Packed with flavors and textures, these bites are a real treat for your taste buds. Note that this recipe contains pork, making it suitable for non-Muslims who want to enjoy a sumptuous and culturally diverse dining experience. Try our Paella Arancini Bites today and embark on a culinary adventure like no other!
- 500g cold, leftover or store-bought paella
- 50g plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 75g dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- Vegetable oil or sunflower oil for deep frying
- 12 thin slices chorizo
- 12 green Spanish olives
- With wet hands, divide the paella into 12 balls and shape them.
- If the paella is too loose, mix in a few tablespoons of breadcrumbs until it is thick enough to roll.
- Roll each ball in flour, dusting off the excess, then dip into the egg.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the paprika and roll the balls in it until they are well coated.
- Refrigerate the rice balls until ready to fry and serve, or for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Fill a deep pot 3/4 full with oil and heat to 180°C, or hot enough to brown a piece of bread in 40 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully dip the arancini into the hot oil and cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes.
- After frying, drain the arancini on kitchen paper.
- Avoid overfilling the pan so that the temperature of the oil does not drop.
- To serve, skewer each arancini with a folded slice of chorizo and an olive.
Equipment and tools
- Deep frying pan
- slotted spoon
- Plates lined with paper towels
Contains: eggs, gluten
Storage and leftovers
Store the paella arancini bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Note: The consistency may change slightly after reheating, but they are still delicious.
Health Benefits of Paella Arancini Bites
Paella Arancini Bites are a delicious and flavorful appetizer that combines the best elements of traditional Italian arancini and Spanish paella. These bite-sized treats not only delight your taste buds but also offer numerous health benefits. Let’s dive in and find out why enjoying paella arancini bites can be a guilt-free treat.
1. Rich in Protein:
One of the main ingredients in Paella Arancini Bites is leftover paella or store-bought paella. Paella typically contains protein-rich ingredients such as chicken, seafood and vegetables. This means these delicious morsels are an excellent source of protein, essential for building and repairing tissue, promoting healthy hair and nails, and supporting proper immune system function.
2. Good Source of Fiber:
Including whole grains in your diet is important for maintaining a healthy digestive system, and the plain flour used to bind the Paella Arancini Bites provides a good dose of fiber. Fiber adds volume to your stool, supports regular bowel movements and prevents constipation. It also helps regulate blood sugar levels and lower cholesterol levels.
3. Rich in Vitamins and Minerals:
The combination of ingredients in these bites, including chorizo, green Spanish olives and smoked paprika, provide a range of essential vitamins and minerals. Chorizo, for example, is rich in B vitamins, iron and zinc, while green Spanish olives have antioxidant properties and are an excellent source of vitamin E. Smoked paprika contains antioxidants, vitamin A and vitamin C, which support the immune system and fight inflammation.
4. Contains Healthy Fats:
While deep-frying the paella arancini bites may not be the healthiest cooking method, using vegetable oil or sunflower oil can provide some healthy fats. These oils contain heart-healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which, when consumed in moderation, can help lower bad cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
In conclusion, paella arancini bites are not only a delicious and aromatic appetizer, but also provide several health benefits. These snacks are not only a good source of protein and fiber, but also provide important vitamins and minerals – a pleasure without a guilty conscience. Remember to enjoy them in moderation as part of a balanced diet. So why not treat yourself and your loved ones to a serving of these delicious paella arancini bites?