On this page you will find a delicious oriental egg fried rice recipe, perfect for anyone who likes pork-based dishes. Please note that this recipe is specifically intended for non-Muslim people. Created by Sara Buenfeld, this delicious fried rice is quick and effortless to prepare. With its authentic Chinese flavors, it promises a truly filling dinner that will transport your taste buds to the heart of Asia. Experience the lightness and delicious flavor of this dish as you embark on a culinary adventure in your own kitchen.
- a cup of American long grain rice
- a cup of frozen peas
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 slices of bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 heaped teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Fill a large pot with water, bring it to the boil and add a heaped teaspoon of salt – the water will bubble vigorously. Add the rice, stir once and bring to the boil again, then reduce the heat slightly so that the water boils evenly but not too much.
- Cook uncovered and without stirring for 10 minutes (this will result in sticky rice). After 8 minutes, add the frozen peas, cook for 2 minutes and drain (do not rinse).
- Heat the sunflower oil in a wok and fry the bacon, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until crispy.
- Add the red pepper and garlic cloves and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs, pour into the pan and stir-fry until the egg just solidifies.
- Add the Chinese 5 spices.
Equipment and tools
To prepare oriental egg rice, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- frying pan
- cutting board
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- measuring spoon
Please note the following allergen information:
- Contains: None of the top allergens
However, keep in mind that some variations or additional ingredients may cause allergens. Carefully check all ingredient labels and adapt the recipe to your specific dietary needs.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers or want to prepare the dish in advance, here are some helpful storage tips:
- Allow the fried rice to cool completely before storing.
- Transfer remaining rice to an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- When reheating, be sure to heat the rice thoroughly until it is piping hot.
Note that it is always best to eat freshly cooked meals to ensure optimal taste and texture.
Health Benefits of Oriental Egg Rice
Health Benefits of Oriental Egg Rice
Oriental egg fried rice is a delicious and versatile dish that not only satisfies your taste buds but can also provide various health benefits. Combining rice, peas, bacon, peppers, garlic, eggs, and Chinese five-spice powder, this flavorful recipe offers a wealth of nutrients that can contribute to your overall well-being. Let’s take a closer look at the health benefits of its ingredients:
American long grain rice:
American long-grain rice is a nutritious, high-carbohydrate staple that provides your body with the energy it needs for daily activities. It is also a good source of important vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins, iron and magnesium.
Peas are not only delicious, but also full of nutrients. They are rich in fiber, which aids digestion and helps maintain a healthy digestive system. In addition, peas contain vitamins C and K as well as various antioxidants that support your immune system.
Sunflower oil, used to fry the rice, contains healthy unsaturated fats that, when used in moderation, can help reduce the risk of heart disease. It is also a good source of vitamin E, which has antioxidant properties and plays an important role in maintaining healthy skin.
Baked bacon slices:
While bacon can be enjoyed in moderation due to its higher fat content, it can be a good source of protein, essential for building and repairing tissue. Remember to choose lean meats and consume them as part of a balanced diet.
Red peppers not only add a vibrant color to the dish but also provide a number of health benefits. They’re packed with vitamin C and other antioxidants that boost your immune system and promote healthy skin. Red peppers also contain fiber, which aids digestion.
Not only does garlic add wonderful flavor to the dish, but it has also been used for its medicinal properties for centuries. It contains compounds that may boost the immune system and have potential heart health benefits. Garlic is also believed to have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
Eggs are a nutritional powerhouse, providing high-quality protein, essential vitamins and minerals. They contain choline, which is important for brain function, as well as lutein and zeaxanthin, which promote eye health. Despite the misconception about their cholesterol content, eggs can be included in a healthy diet.
Chinese five spice powder:
The Chinese five-spice powder used in this recipe is made from a blend of star anise, cloves, Chinese cinnamon, Sichuan peppercorns, and fennel seeds. Each spice in the blend contributes unique health benefits. Overall, these spices have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and digestive properties that can contribute to overall well-being.
In conclusion, oriental egg fried rice is not only a filling and flavorful meal but also offers a number of health benefits. Containing ingredients like American long-grain rice, peas, bacon, peppers, garlic, eggs, and Chinese five-spice powder, this dish provides essential nutrients, antioxidants, and various health-promoting compounds. Enjoy this delicious recipe and make it part of your nutritious diet!