With our delicious recipe for open ravioli with pumpkin and porcini mushrooms, vegetarians won’t be left out this Christmas. This special but easy-to-prepare dish will delight even the pickiest of eaters. Delicate layers of tender ravioli noodles topped with a creamy blend of roasted pumpkin and earthy porcini mushrooms make a delicious dinner. The warm and comforting flavors are sure to make for a cozy and memorable holiday meal. Give your vegetarian guests a reason to celebrate with this irresistible dish that’s as beautiful as it is delicious.
- 450g butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 25g butter
- generously grated nutmeg
- 25 g vegetarian Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- generous pinch of saffron
- 85g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 1 fat garlic clove, minced
- 100g bag of baby spinach
- 4 sheets fresh lasagna, halved
- Parmesan shavings (or vegetarian alternative), optional
The squash can be pureed and the dressing prepared up to 2 days in advance; Store both covered in the refrigerator. To serve, reheat the squash in a skillet or microwave and remove the dressing to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Put the pumpkin and butter in a pot with 5 tablespoons of water. Cover the pan tightly and cook for 15 minutes, until the squash is just tender but not discolored. Roughly mash with spices, nutmeg and parmesan.
- In the meantime prepare the dressing. Place the chopped porcini mushrooms in a small bowl with 3 tablespoons boiling water. Cover with cling film and cook in the microwave on high for 1 minute, then allow to cool. Mix 1 tablespoon of oil with vinegar and soy, then add the soaked mushrooms with almost all of the liquid (leave the last drop as it may contain grit).
- To serve, boil a pot of water with saffron and a little salt for 5 minutes to extract some color and flavor. Meanwhile, fry the mushrooms in the remaining oil. When they are almost cooked, add the garlic to brown and crisp but not burn. Prick the spinach bag and let it collapse in the microwave for 1 minute. Heat the pumpkin in the microwave too.
- Cook the lasagne for 1 minute until just tender, then drain. Divide 3 small piles of spinach onto each of 2 preheated plates. Place a square of lasagne on each and then a spoonful of pumpkin – spread it out a little, add a few spinach leaves and then place another square of pasta on top. Continue these layers until there is a stack of four layers of pasta on each plate, topping each layer with a spoonful of pumpkin. Distribute the garlic mushrooms all around.
- The squash can be pureed and the dressing prepared up to 2 days in advance; Store both covered in the refrigerator. To serve, reheat the squash in a skillet or microwave and remove the dressing to allow it to come to room temperature. Pour the dressing generously on top or let the guests help themselves at the table and sprinkle a few parmesan shavings on top if desired.
Equipment and tools
To prepare the “Open Ravioli with Pumpkin and Porcini Mushrooms” recipe, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- A peeler
- A cutting board
- A knife
- A grater for the Parmesan cheese
- One tablespoon
- One tablespoon
- A teaspoon
- A teaspoon
- A pinch
- A pan
- A microwave (optional)
The recipe for open ravioli with pumpkin and porcini mushrooms may contain the following allergens:
- Dairy products (vegetarian parmesan cheese)
- Wheat (fresh lasagna)
- soy (soy sauce)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers from the “Open Ravioli with Pumpkin and Porcini Mushrooms” recipe, you can store them as follows:
The pumpkin puree and dressing can be stored separately in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To serve, reheat the squash in a skillet or in the microwave. Remove the dressing from the refrigerator to bring to room temperature before using.
Optional: If desired, you can garnish the leftovers with shaved Parmesan or a vegetarian alternative before reheating.
Health benefits of open ravioli with pumpkin and porcini mushrooms
The dish “Open Ravioli with Pumpkin and Porcini Mushrooms” not only promises a delicious culinary experience, but also brings several health benefits. The combination of butternut squash, mushrooms, spinach, and other ingredients make this recipe a nutritious choice for any meal. Let’s explore some of the health benefits associated with this delicious dish:
1. Nutrient-rich butternut squash
The butternut squash used in this recipe not only adds flavor but also offers a number of health benefits. This winter squash is packed with vitamins A, C, and E, which act as antioxidants and support a healthy immune system. It is also a good source of fiber, potassium and magnesium and contributes to overall digestion and heart health.
2. Useful porcini mushrooms
Porcini mushrooms contain several essential nutrients and are known for their unique taste. They are a good source of vitamins B and D, which are essential for maintaining healthy bones, brain function and general well-being. Porcini mushrooms also provide a rich dose of fiber, are low in fat and are said to have immune-boosting properties.
3. Nutrient Powerhouse – Spinach
Adding baby spinach to this dish not only enhances the flavor but also adds to its nutritional content. Spinach is a green leafy vegetable rich in vitamins A, C and K. It is also rich in folic acid, iron and other essential minerals. Regular consumption of spinach promotes healthy skin, lowers blood pressure and aids digestion.
4. Heart-healthy olive oil
Olive oil, a key ingredient in this recipe’s dressing, is widely known for its heart-healthy properties. It is rich in monounsaturated fats, which help lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease. Using olive oil in cooking also aids in the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins from other ingredients in the dish.
Overall, the “Open Ravioli with Pumpkin and Porcini Mushrooms” recipe offers a variety of health benefits, ranging from improved immunity to supporting heart health. By incorporating these nutrient-dense ingredients into your diet, you can enjoy a delicious meal while nourishing your body.