This one-pot fish recipe is a total time saver, requiring just five minutes on the stove and 15 minutes in the oven. The result? A delicious combination of juicy fish, aromatic black olives and juicy tomatoes. It’s a fantastic example of one-pot cooking at its finest and is perfect for busy weeknights when you’re craving a delicious meal without the fuss. With minimal effort and maximum flavor, this dish will impress your taste buds and save you valuable time in the kitchen. Try it and enjoy the delicious flavors!
- 175 g black olives in oil, pitted
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 4 boneless white fish fillets, e.g. B. Icelandic cod or hoki, each weighing about 175 g
- chopped parsley
- Lemon slices
Spice it up
If you like your food spicy, add a small pinch of red chili flakes to the onion. A handful of quartered artichoke hearts from a jar can be added in addition to or instead of the olives.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan/200°C top/bottom heat/Gas 6.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in an ovenproof pan.
- Add the onion and stir well, cook for a minute or two and then stir well again.
- Add the tomatoes and some salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then add the olives.
- Place the fish, skin side down, on the sauce.
- Drizzle a little more oil from the olive jar over it.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve straight from the pan, with lemon wedges for squeezing.
Equipment and tools
To prepare this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- cooking pot
- tin opener
- wooden spoon
- Serving plate
- Lemon squeezer (optional)
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Olives: Please note that this recipe contains black olives in oil.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers from this recipe, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, simply place the fish and sauce in a pan over low heat until warmed through. It is not recommended to freeze this dish.
The Health Benefits of One-Pot Fish with Black Olives and Tomatoes
Stewed fish with black olives and tomatoes is not only a delicious dish that will tantalize your taste buds but also offers numerous health benefits. This article will discuss some of the key health benefits that this recipe brings.
1. Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids
The white fish fillets used in this recipe, such as Icelandic cod or hoki, are excellent sources of omega-3 fatty acids. These essential fats are known to support heart health, reduce inflammation, and improve brain function.
2. Good for eye health
Black olives, a key ingredient in this dish, contain vitamin A, which is important for eye health. Vitamin A is known to support night vision and protect the eyes from age-related degeneration.
3. Antioxidant boost
The black olives and tomatoes used in this recipe are rich in antioxidants, including vitamin C, vitamin E and various phytochemicals. Antioxidants protect the body from cell damage caused by harmful free radicals, reducing the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
4. Low calorie
This one-pot fish dish is relatively low in calories, making it a healthy choice for anyone watching their weight. Additionally, it is a great source of lean protein, which can promote satiety and help with weight control.
5. Nutrient-rich ingredients
The combination of black olives, onions, tomatoes and fish in this recipe provides a wide range of essential nutrients including vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium and phosphorus. These nutrients contribute to overall health and support various body functions.
6. Easy to prepare
Aside from its health benefits, this one-pot fish dish is also a convenient and easy meal to prepare. With minimal cutting and preparation required, it’s a great option for anyone with a busy schedule but still wants to enjoy a nutritious and delicious home-cooked meal.
In summary, this one-pot fish recipe with black olives and tomatoes is not only a taste delight but also offers numerous health benefits. From its omega-3 fatty acids to its antioxidant content, this dish is a nutritious choice that can support overall wellness. Try it and give your body the nutrients it deserves!