This delicious recipe for new potatoes with radishes and prosciutto is a delicious flavor combination that will tantalize your taste buds. The crispy, golden new potatoes pair perfectly with the fresh and peppery radishes, creating a delightful contrast in every bite.
Please note that this recipe contains pork and is therefore only suitable for non-Muslims. We apologize for any inconvenience and encourage you to explore our other recipes tailored to different dietary habits.
- 600g new potatoes (look for Jersey Royals or Pembrokeshire)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 2 bunches of breakfast radishes (or 150g bag of radishes), cleaned
- 6 wafer-thin slices of the best raw ham there is (San Daniele or Iberico work well)
1. Bring the potatoes to the boil in a large pot with the bay leaf and plenty of salt.
2. Simmer gently until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
3. Let the potatoes cool slightly in the cooking water.
4. Drain the potatoes and remove the bay leaf.
5. Season the potatoes with olive oil and a dash of sherry vinegar.
6. Halve the radishes from head to toe.
7. Season the radishes with a little salt.
8. Mix the warm new potatoes with the seasoned radishes.
9. Carefully arrange the potato and radish mixture on a serving platter.
10. Top the dish with slices of ham.
Equipment and tools
- potato peeler
- mixing bowl
This recipe may contain the following allergens:
- raw ham (may contain pork)
Please ensure that all ingredients used are suitable for your dietary needs.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The dish can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, warm gently in the microwave or heat in a saucepan over low heat until warmed through.
The health benefits of “new potatoes with radishes and raw ham”
New potatoes with radishes and raw ham are not only a delicious dish, but also a recipe that offers various health benefits. By combining fresh ingredients, this meal is not only full of flavor, but also full of important nutrients. Let’s take a closer look at some of the health benefits of this dish:
1. Nutrient-rich potatoes
Starting with the main ingredient, new potatoes, this dish provides a good source of vitamins and minerals. These baby potatoes are rich in vitamin C, potassium and fiber. Vitamin C is crucial for immune function and collagen production, while potassium is essential for maintaining healthy blood pressure. Fiber supports digestion and promotes satiety, so you feel full for longer.
2. Antioxidant-rich radishes
Radishes, another key ingredient in this recipe, are low in calories but high in antioxidants. Antioxidants help protect the body from harmful free radicals, which can lead to chronic disease and cell damage. Radishes also contain vitamin C as well as other nutrients such as calcium and potassium that contribute to overall health.
3. Heart-healthy olive oil
Using extra virgin olive oil in this recipe not only ensures a delicious taste but also offers numerous health benefits. Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fats, which are known to improve heart health by lowering bad cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol. It also contains antioxidants that may have anti-inflammatory effects on the body.
4. Sherry vinegar for healthy digestion
Sherry vinegar, a flavorful addition to potatoes and radishes, offers potential digestive benefits. Some studies suggest that vinegar may improve digestion, increase satiety, and help regulate blood sugar levels. Additionally, vinegar has been linked to potential weight management benefits.
5. High quality raw ham
The use of wafer-thin slices of high-quality raw ham, such as San Daniele or Iberico, gives this dish a spicy touch. Although ham should be consumed in moderation due to its salt content, it can be a good source of protein and B vitamins. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue, while B vitamins contribute to energy production and brain function.
Overall, “New Potatoes with Radishes and Prosciutto” is a filling and nutritious meal that offers a number of health benefits. From the vitamins and minerals in the potatoes and radishes to the heart-healthy olive oil and the potential digestive benefits of sherry vinegar, this dish is a delicious way to nourish your body and your taste buds.