This delicious Muddle Potato & Mozzarella Tortilla recipe is perfect for a quick but satisfying weeknight meal. With its mix of mashed potatoes and creamy mozzarella, it delivers a flavor explosion that will leave you wanting more.
Whether you’re a busy person or a parent looking for a quick dinner, this tortilla is sure to impress. It’s easy to make, requires just a few simple ingredients, and is on the table in no time.
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just want to add more variety to your meals, this tortilla is a great choice. It’s hearty, filling and full of fresh ingredients.
So say goodbye to boring weeknight meals and try this Muddled Potato Mozzarella Tortilla. It’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser that will have anyone craving seconds!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 400g packs of ready-roasted potatoes (available in various flavors in most supermarkets)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 4 vine tomatoes, sliced
- 150g ball mozzarella, torn into pieces
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan
- Add the potatoes to the pan and spread them out to cover the bottom
- Fry the potatoes for 5 minutes
- Pour in the beaten eggs, making sure they completely cover the potatoes
- Season well
- Let the tortilla cook over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes, or until the bottom and edges are set
- Remove the tortilla from the heat
- Place the tortilla under a hot broiler until the top is set
- Remove from grill
- Scatter tomatoes and mozzarella over the tortilla
- Place the tortilla back under the broiler for another 3-5 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft and the cheese is melted
- To serve, cut the tortilla into thick wedges
Equipment and tools
To make this Scrambled Potato Mozzarella Tortillas recipe, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- A large frying pan
- A spatula or wooden spoon
- A sharp knife
- A cutting board
- A bowl
This recipe for mixed potato and mozzarella tortillas may contain allergens. Please note the following:
- Eggs: This recipe contains eggs. If you have an egg allergy or intolerance, you may need to avoid or modify this recipe.
- Dairy: This recipe contains mozzarella, a dairy product. If you have lactose intolerance or a milk allergy, you may need to replace the mozzarella with a dairy-free alternative.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers from this Potato Mozzarella Tortilla recipe, follow the following storage guidelines:
- Allow the tortilla to cool completely.
- Transfer remaining tortilla to an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, heat a skillet over medium-high heat and warm the tortilla for a few minutes on each side until heated through.
The Health Benefits of Potato Mozzarella Tortilla
Tortillas are a versatile dish that can be easily adapted to different dietary needs and preferences. A delicious variant is the Muddled Potato & Mozzarella Tortilla. Not only is it full of flavors, but it also offers numerous health benefits thanks to its nutrient-rich ingredients.
1. Nutrient-rich potatoes
The Muddled Potato & Mozzarella Tortilla is made from ready-roasted potatoes, which are available in various flavors in most supermarkets. Potatoes are an excellent source of essential nutrients such as vitamin C, potassium and fiber. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps strengthen the immune system, while potassium is essential for maintaining proper heart function and regulating blood pressure. Including nutrient-dense potatoes in your diet can contribute to overall health and well-being.
2. Protein-rich mozzarella
This delicious tortilla also contains mozzarella cheese, which gives the dish a creamy and rich taste. Mozzarella is not only delicious, but also a valuable source of protein. Protein is essential for numerous functions in the body, including building and repairing tissue, helping to build muscle, and providing necessary energy. Incorporating protein-rich mozzarella into your meals can help you meet your daily protein needs.
3. Healthy eggs
One of the main ingredients of the Muddled Potato & Mozzarella Tortilla is eggs. Eggs are incredibly nutritious and a complete source of protein, meaning they contain all the essential amino acids our bodies need. They are also an excellent source of vitamins such as vitamin B12, vitamin D and choline. Vitamin B12 supports nerve function, vitamin D promotes bone health and choline has a positive effect on brain development and function.
4. Vitamin-rich tomatoes
To add freshness and a touch of color to this tortilla, sliced vine tomatoes are included in the recipe. Tomatoes are known for their high levels of lycopene, an antioxidant that gives them their bright red color. Lycopene has been linked to various health benefits, including reducing the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer. Tomatoes are also an excellent source of vitamin C and other antioxidants, which support overall health and protect against cell damage.
5. Monounsaturated fats
Finally, the Muddled Potato & Mozzarella Tortilla is prepared with olive oil. Olive oil is a healthier alternative to more saturated fats and is rich in monounsaturated fats. These healthy fats can help reduce inflammation, lower bad blood cholesterol levels, and promote heart health when consumed in moderation.
With the combination of nutrient-rich potatoes, protein-rich mozzarella, healthy eggs, vitamin-rich tomatoes and the use of olive oil, the Muddled Potato & Mozzarella Tortilla offers a range of health benefits. It is not only a delicious dish but also a nutritious addition to your diet.