A moist dark chocolate sheet cake with spicy crystallized ginger, our Mini Chocolate Ginger Brownies are the ultimate treat. Made with the finest ingredients, these bite-sized squares are packed with rich cocoa flavor and a hint of ginger warmth. Perfect for serving at parties or as a sweet canapé, these delicious brownies are guaranteed to satisfy any chocolate craving. Each bite offers a heavenly combination of velvety chocolate and a tangy pinch of ginger that makes it simply irresistible. Treat yourself and your guests to this delicious, bite-sized dessert sensation!
- 150g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 250g butter
- 200g soft brown sugar
- 150g self-raising flour
- 50g cocoa powder, sifted
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 125g crystallized ginger, chopped
- Powdered sugar, for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4 and line a 20 x 20cm square tin with baking paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate with the butter in the microwave or in a heatproof bowl over gently simmering water.
- Mix the sugar, flour and cocoa powder and stir in the melted chocolate and butter mixture, followed by the eggs.
- Stir in the crystallized ginger.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool thoroughly before cutting them into small bite-size pieces.
- Arrange the brownie bites on a tray.
- Before serving, sprinkle the brownies with powdered sugar.
Equipment and tools
To make these delicious mini chocolate ginger brownies you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Baking tray (size: 20 cm x 30 cm)
- Parchment paper or baking paper
- mixing bowl
- Whisk or electric mixer
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- Knife or kitchen scissors for cutting ginger
- Cooling rack
- Sieve for sifting cocoa powder
The mini chocolate ginger brownies contain the following allergens:
- Dairy products (butter and chocolate)
- Wheat (self-raising flour)
Please ensure that those with allergen sensitivity are aware of the ingredients used in this recipe.
Storage and leftovers
After baking your mini chocolate ginger brownies, you may have leftovers or want to save them for later. Here are some tips:
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before storing.
- Cut them into squares or desired shape.
- Store the brownies in an airtight container or wrap them tightly in plastic wrap.
- They can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- If you prefer to keep them longer, you can store the brownies in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- If chilled, allow them to come to room temperature before enjoying for the best flavor and texture.
Remember that brownies are best enjoyed fresh. So try to consume them within a few days for ultimate enjoyment!
Health Benefits of Mini Chocolate and Ginger Brownies
When it comes to luxury foods, you may be surprised to learn that some ingredients can actually provide health benefits. When it comes to mini chocolate ginger brownies, there are a few key ingredients that provide both delicious taste and potential health benefits. Let’s take a closer look.
One of the main ingredients in these brownies is dark chocolate, which is known for its potential health benefits. Dark chocolate contains a higher proportion of cocoa solids compared to milk chocolate, giving it a rich and intense flavor. Cocoa solids are packed with antioxidants, particularly flavonoids, which may help protect against cell damage and reduce inflammation in the body. In addition, dark chocolate is a good source of minerals such as iron, magnesium and copper.
Another key ingredient in these brownies is crystallized ginger, which not only adds a delicious spice but also has potential health benefits. Ginger has long been used as a natural remedy for various ailments due to its medicinal properties. It contains gingerol, a bioactive compound with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Ginger can also help soothe digestion, relieve nausea, and possibly relieve muscle pain and soreness.
Although butter is often considered a less healthy ingredient due to its fat content, moderation is key. Butter adds richness and moisture to the brownies, improving the texture and flavor. It is important to note that butter contains essential fatty acids and vitamins A, D, E and K. However, due to its higher saturated fat content, it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Self-raising flour and eggs
Other ingredients in these brownies, such as self-raising flour and eggs, provide important nutrients. Self-raising flour is enriched with nutrients such as iron and B vitamins, which are important for energy production and maintaining overall health. Eggs, on the other hand, are an excellent source of high-quality protein and provide all the essential amino acids required for various body functions.
Cocoa powder is not only responsible for the intense chocolate taste, but also has potential health benefits. Similar to dark chocolate, cocoa powder contains flavonoids that act as antioxidants. These compounds can support heart health, improve blood circulation, and potentially lower blood pressure when consumed in moderation.
While it’s true that mini chocolate ginger brownies are a delicious treat, they also offer some potential health benefits. From the antioxidants in dark chocolate and cocoa powder to the anti-inflammatory properties of ginger, these delicious brownies can be enjoyed in moderation without feeling guilty.
Enjoy these delicious brownies and enjoy their delicious taste while reaping some of the potential health benefits these ingredients have to offer.