Introducing our heavenly Mincemeat Custard Pies! Say goodbye to dry and crumbly cakes and say goodbye to this irresistibly moist mouthful. The perfect mix of flavors awaits you, because the rich minced meat filling harmonizes harmoniously with the velvety-soft vanilla pudding topping. Every bite is a delicious sensation, enhanced by the indulgent dollop of creamy custard, adding an extra level of decadence. These cakes are a real delight for the senses and will leave you craving for more. Treat yourself to this delightful twist on a classic and experience a new level of minced bliss.
- 2 x 150g/5oz pots of Devon Custard
- 6 level tablespoons ground almonds
- 375g package of ready-rolled puff pastry
- 16-18 tsp minced meat (about half a 410g jar)
- Almond flakes for sprinkling
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- Mix the vanilla sauce and almonds in a bowl and stir well.
- Take the dough and roll it out. Cut out circles using a 7cm round cutter.
- Gather the scraps of dough, roll them again and cut out more circles. Your goal should be about 16-18 circles.
- Line a few roll tins with the dough circles.
- Pour a heaped teaspoon of the pudding mixture into each tart pan and spread it out.
- Add a scant teaspoon of minced meat to the vanilla sauce.
- Sprinkle almond flakes over the minced meat.
- Bake the cakes for about 10 minutes or until fluffy and golden brown.
- Allow the pies to cool briefly in the tin.
- Dust the cakes with powdered sugar.
- Serve the minced meat pudding tarts slightly warm.
Equipment and tools
Here are the equipment and tools you’ll need to make these mince custard pies:
- baking tray
- Pastry brush
- rolling pin
- Cookie cutter (round or desired shape)
Please note the following allergen information for these Mince Pudding Tarts:
- This recipe contains dairy in the form of custard. If you have a milk allergy, you may need to replace the custard with a dairy-free alternative.
- The ground almonds in this recipe may pose a risk to those with nut allergies. If you or anyone eating the cakes suffers from a nut allergy, it is advisable to omit the ground almonds or use a suitable substitute.
Storage and leftovers
Once baked, these mincemeat pudding pies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you have leftovers, you can also store them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat, place them in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for a few minutes until warmed through.
The Health Benefits of Mincemeat Custard Pies
Mincemeat pudding tarts are a delicious holiday treat that will not only satisfy your sweet tooth, but also offer some surprising health benefits. Made from a combination of rich custard, ground almonds and a generous amount of minced meat, these pies are packed with nutrients and flavor. Let’s explore the health benefits of this delicious pastry.
1. Excellent source of vitamin E
Ground almonds used in the mincemeat pudding tarts are an excellent source of vitamin E. This important antioxidant plays an important role in protecting your cells from oxidative stress and can also help promote healthy skin and hair. Including foods rich in vitamin E, such as ground almonds, in your diet can have a positive impact on overall well-being.
2. Nutrient-rich pastries
Mincemeat pudding pies are made from ready-rolled puff pastry which provides a good amount of essential nutrients. Puff pastry is a source of carbohydrates and provides energy for your daily activities. It also contains small amounts of protein, iron and B vitamins, so you can enjoy these delicious treats while getting some valuable nutrients.
3. Calcium boost
Devon custard, a key ingredient in mincemeat custard pies, is known for its velvety texture and creamy taste. This custard is made with Devonshire cream, a rich source of calcium. Consuming foods rich in calcium is important for maintaining strong and healthy bones, teeth and proper muscle function.
4. Festive fruit filling
Minced meat is traditionally made from mixed dried fruits such as currants, raisins and apples, which are rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals. These fruit fillings can provide your body with important nutrients and contribute to a healthy diet, especially during the holidays when it is important to maintain a balanced nutrient intake.
5. Moderate enjoyment
Although mincemeat pudding pies offer several health benefits, it’s important to enjoy them in moderation. These treats can be high in calories and sugar, so it is advisable to enjoy them as part of a balanced diet. Treating yourself to a small portion of these cakes will help you enjoy the flavors while keeping your overall calorie intake under control.
Now that you know the health benefits of mincemeat pudding pies, you can enjoy these delicious treats with a clear conscience. Remember to enjoy them in moderation and fill your festive season with joy and delicious flavors.