Introducing our vibrant Mexican bean burgers with a spicy twist! These easy-to-make vegetable patties are full of flavor and a real treat. Garnished with a refreshing lime yogurt and vibrant salsa, every bite is a flavor explosion. Whether you’re short on time or just want convenience, these burgers can be made straight from the freezer. Prepare for a deliciously juicy and filling meal that is sure to become your new favorite meal!
- 2 x 400g/14oz cans of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp mild chili powder
- small bunch of coriander, stems and leaves chopped
- 1 egg
- 200g can of fresh salsa
- 150 ml low-fat natural yogurt
- Juice ½ lime
- 6 whole wheat burger buns, sliced avocado, sliced red onion and lettuce leaves to serve
Spicy vegetable meatballs with noodles
Make the mixture as before and omit that
Add cilantro and form into 16-20 meatballs.
Mix with 1 tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan and mix
Fry until brown, then pour over 500ml
Passata mixed with 1 teaspoon dried oregano,
1 teaspoon sugar and some spice. bladder
Simmer for 10 minutes, season and then serve with pasta.
- Heat the grill to high.
- Place the beans in a large bowl.
- Roughly mash the beans with a potato masher.
- Add the breadcrumbs, chili powder, coriander stalks and half of the coriander leaves to the bowl.
- Add the egg and 2 tablespoons of salsa to the bowl.
- Season the mixture to taste.
- Mix all ingredients well with a fork.
- Divide the mixture into 6 portions.
- Wet your hands and shape each portion into a burger.
- The burgers can now be frozen if necessary.
- Place the burgers on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Grill the burgers for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy.
- If cooking from frozen, bake at 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6 for 20-30 minutes until heated through.
- While the burgers are cooking, mix the remaining coriander leaves with the yogurt, lime juice and black pepper.
- Divide the buns in half.
- Spread the yogurt mixture on the bottom halves of the buns.
- Top each bun with lettuce leaves, avocado, onions, a burger, another dollop of lime yogurt and some salsa.
- Serve and enjoy!
Mexican bean burgers with lime yogurt and salsa
Equipment and tools
To make Mexican bean burgers with lime yogurt and salsa, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- A mixing bowl
- A fork
- A non-stick pan
- A spatula
The Mexican bean burgers with lime yogurt and salsa contain the following allergens:
- Gluten (breadcrumbs in the burger mix and burger buns)
- Dairy products (yogurt)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, here are some storage tips:
- Place the leftover burgers in an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- When ready to eat, reheat the burgers in a skillet or microwave until heated through.
Health Benefits of Mexican Bean Burgers with Lime Yogurt and Salsa
Mexican bean burgers with lime yogurt and salsa offer a delicious and nutritious alternative to traditional meat burgers. Packed with kidney beans, spices and fresh ingredients, these burgers are not only delicious but also offer several health benefits.
1. Rich in fiber
The main ingredient in these bean burgers is kidney beans, which are an excellent source of fiber. Fiber is essential for maintaining a healthy digestive system, preventing constipation, and promoting a feeling of satiety, which can be helpful in weight control.
2. Vegetable protein
For those who follow a vegetarian or vegan diet, Mexican bean burgers are a valuable source of plant-based protein. Kidney beans are rich in proteins, which are essential for building and repairing tissue, supporting muscle growth, and maintaining a strong immune system.
3. Little fat
By using low-fat natural yogurt and avoiding fatty meats, these bean burgers are a great option for anyone looking to reduce their fat intake. A low-fat diet can contribute to improved cardiovascular health, weight control and a lower risk of chronic diseases such as obesity, diabetes and high blood pressure.
4. Rich in antioxidants
This recipe contains spices like mild chili powder and coriander, both of which have antioxidant properties. Antioxidants help protect the body from damage caused by harmful free radicals, reduce inflammation, and support overall health and well-being.
5. Nutrient rich
Adding fresh salsa to these bean burgers provides a number of important vitamins and minerals. Salsa typically contains ingredients like tomatoes, onions, and herbs that are rich in vitamins A, C, and K, as well as important minerals like potassium.
Overall, Mexican bean burgers with lime yogurt and salsa are a nutritious choice that can contribute to a balanced diet. Whether you’re vegetarian, vegan, or simply want to incorporate more plant-based meals into your diet, these flavorful and healthy burgers are a must-try.