This “meat platter” recipe page features a delicious selection of different meats, including pork. Please note that this recipe is specifically intended for non-Muslims due to the use of pork. The dish itself is a delicious combination of flavors inspired by the culinary traditions of Italy. It is ideal as a starter and is best enjoyed with freshly warmed bread. Treat yourself to this exquisite meat platter and enjoy the authentic Italian taste!
- 3 different types of salami, about 12 slices each
- 6 thin slices of prosciutto
- black olives
- Italian farmhouse bread, warmed up
- Olive oil for drizzling
- ground black pepper for sprinkling
- Arrange the salami on a large platter.
- Place the prosciutto loosely in a separate pile.
- Place the black olives in the middle of a bowl.
- Serve with thick slices of warm bread.
- Drizzle the bread with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with ground black pepper.
Equipment and tools
- Sharp knife
- cutting board
- Bread knife
This meat platter recipe contains:
- Salami (may contain pork, beef and spices)
- Prosciutto (may contain pork)
- Olives (may contain pits)
- Italian bread (may contain wheat)
- Olive oil (may contain olives)
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers from your meat platter, you can store them to enjoy later. Here are some guidelines:
- Wrap each type of salami and prosciutto tightly in plastic wrap or place in separate airtight containers.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Store the olives in a separate container.
- Heat the Italian bread in a toaster or oven before serving.
- For maximum freshness, drizzle the bread with olive oil and sprinkle ground black pepper just before serving.
Health Benefits of Meat Platters
A meat platter is a delicious and filling dish that not only pleases the taste buds but also offers a number of health benefits. Packed with different types of salami and prosciutto, this Mediterranean-style platter is a great choice for meat lovers. Let’s explore the nutritional benefits of this delicious treat.
1. High protein content
One of the most important health benefits of a meat platter is its high protein content. Salami and prosciutto are excellent sources of protein that are essential for various body functions. Protein helps maintain and build muscle mass, supports tissue repair and growth, and ensures a healthy immune system.
2. Rich in vitamins and minerals
A meat platter also provides important vitamins and minerals necessary for overall well-being. Salami and prosciutto are packed with B vitamins, including B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12. These vitamins play an important role in energy production, brain function and red blood cell formation. In addition, the plate contains minerals such as iron, zinc and selenium, which are important for strengthening immunity and supporting various metabolic processes.
3. Source of healthy fats
While meat often gets a bad rap because of its fat content, the fats found in salami and prosciutto can actually be beneficial to your health. This meat contains monounsaturated fats, which are considered heart-healthy fats. When consumed in moderation, monounsaturated fats can help improve heart health, lower bad cholesterol, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
4. Antioxidant properties
Adding black olives to your meat platter will add a dose of antioxidants to your meal. Black olives are rich in vitamin E and other antioxidants that protect the body from oxidative stress caused by harmful free radicals. Antioxidants play a critical role in preventing chronic disease, reducing inflammation, and promoting overall cellular health.
5. Nutrient-dense bread
The meat platter is rounded off with Italian farmhouse bread, which not only provides a delicious crunch but also contributes to the nutrient profile of the dish. Whole grain country bread is a good source of fiber and provides the necessary fiber for a healthy digestive system. It also contains important minerals and vitamins, making it a nutritious accompaniment to meat and olives.
Overall, a meat platter offers a combination of proteins, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and antioxidants, making it a well-rounded and nutritious option for meat lovers. However, for optimal health benefits, it is important to enjoy this delicacy in moderation as part of a balanced diet.